Generic (USB) Audio Error!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozenized

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011
Hello there,

I just bought newly installed power supplies on my computer from a tech store. when it came back, my audio device shown as Generic (USB) Audio instead of just audio device, even though there's a sound wave up and down, but there are no sounds to it. And my Audio is a on-board Audio device, is there anyways to change it back to the way it was? or was it a hardware problem that the tech plug it wrong? I double checked that the on-board audio from the bios is on.
My mother board is a Asus Amd M2N SLI. Since the tech installed a new win7 on my computer so I installed a new sound driver c-media on it. I don't know is it win7 software problem or is a sound driver itself.
please help me out, Thanks in Advance!

Another option would be a cheapo sound card like this one, Win7 compatible.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829265001
29-265-001-TS

Frozenized

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011
The download link works, but the sound couldn't detect it. So I did something off the chart, to uninstall the sound. so I end up without any sound. Then disable the USB Hub device I think that was the part bugging me. And try to install the drivers that you told me to. but the computer couldn't recognize the driver. then, I tried on my motherboard cd. which was saying errors when I tried installed. After restarting computer, and the sound came back, but with lots of crack/bass crack noise at the end of each sound tests. I'm going to do a double check of "shut it down and reboot computer to see if it still works. For the record I know your answer will work for most cases. Thank you so much for helping me through this! Appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.