I have 3 chips of Corsair Dominator (2GBx3) memory mounted on primary slots but at the time of booting it says i have only 4GB of memory (Even in windows, it shows me only 4GB of installed memory). I have tried following things :
1. My Bios is updated to the latest release i.e. RampageII-ASUS-GENE-1701 (using Asus Ez Flash).
2. Checked mounting 1 memory chip at a time in individual primary slots and found my memory chips are fine as well as slots are working fine.
3. Tried installing every possible BIOS update i found on Asus website and finally kept the latest update.
4. I'm on Windows 7 x64 Genuine version updated to this minute.
None of above things worked for me. I just wanna have 6GB of memory so i can play Batman arkham city without lag (lol).
Following is my configuration :
1. Motherboard : Asus Rampage II GENE (Rs.19,000/-)
2. Processor : Intel core i7 920 (Rs.15,500/-)
3. Graphic Card : GeForce GTX 295 with 1792 Mb (Rs.32,500/-)
4. HDD : 1TB Western Digital RE3 SATA 7200RPM 1TB WD1002FBYS Hard Drive (Rs.10,500/-)
5. SMPS : 1000W Modular - Enermax Galaxy 1000W (Rs.13,104/-)
6. RAM : Corsair Dominator 6GB (2GBx3) PC3-15000 1866MHz DDR3 DIMM Triple Channel (Rs.17,660/-)
7. Cabinet : Coolermaster HAF 932 (RC-932) Full Size with 7 Full Size Fans (Rs.10,800/-)
8. Keyboard : Razer Lycosa™ LED Touch Gaming Keyboard (Extreme Gamers Edition) (Rs.3,900/-)
9. Mouse : Razer-Copperhead 2000 DPI Laser Mouse (Extreme Gamers Edition) ( Rs.3,500/-)
10. Cooler Master V6GT Socket 1366 CPU Air Cooler (Rs. 4,730/-)
P.S. I copied above configuration from my vendor's email.. that is why there are prices listed next to each item.. lol
I tried seeking help from my vendor but found hes a complete nutjob.. Since youse the bomb, i'm really looking forward to getting this resolved forever. Cheers!!