Going overseas.

Hello to the community,

I'm about to travel to Hong Kong soon, and I was wandering if I should purcahse any computer parts to buy over there. But here is the catch, I don't need it atm, it's just that the prices in Australia are more expensive than there buy 50+ dollars. I'm going to get a new GPU to replace my old one, but I was thinking along the lines of RAM or HD, stuff like that? ATM I have 4GB of RAM and one new 500GB WD (green) and a 2-3 year old HD (also WD).
Just an enquiry, cause it would be quite a while before I go there again after this trip. And the prices here are hefty.

Thank you!
8 answers Last reply
More about going overseas
  1. If you are thinking of buying computer parts and you are concerned about prices, why don't you just buy computer parts online? Best site to buy computer parts > Newegg.com
  2. I'm in Australia, and the shipping prices would be crazy to buy online from overseas websites.
  3. Currently my system is a

-890GX mobo

-Phenom II x6 1055t

-9800 GT (I am thinking of upgrading this to a 6970, reason for this instead of 570 is for the crossfire in the future, if games get tougher and its cheapher in HK.)

-4GB RAM (I am thinking of upgrading this to 8GB, is that enough? futureproof?)

-500GB WD green (need more?)

should i buy an audio card?

any tips for those things?
  4. If you buy a video card from there what about the warranty?
  5. I have relatives there that can help with that. I'm not too worried about that.
  6. Are there any parts of my computer that are bottlenecked? If so, the time would be now for me to upgrade it before I come back.

I'm running:
    -Phenom II x6 1055t
    -Kingston 1333 2x2GB RAM (thinking of making it a total of 8GB)
    -Inno 3d 9800GT (--->HD 6970, any good brands?)
    -Earthwatts 750
    -WD Caviar Green 500GB
    -ASRock 890GX Extreme3 Motherboard
    -Antec 300 Case

Is there anything I should get to upgrade, as I'm leaving tomorrow morning.
  7. For gaming you don't neeed more RAM but a new video card would be nice. Even a HD 6850 is way faster than what you have. Or if you want something more powerful a HD 6950 is fine.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Western Digital Systems