Video card and big screen

I'm playing Battlefield 2 on my 42" LCD and it is slow, lagging and not performing as it use to when I had 19"monitor and Windows XP. My PC has AMD 3200+ 2Gb RAM and Dual nVidia GS 7600, Windows 7. Does my big screen and new windows 7 sucking life out of old "grandpa" ? Thanks.
21 answers Last reply
More about video card screen
  1. I would say that grandpa needs to go out to pasture in favor of a shiny new dual GTX460 setup. I'm also not real thrilled about you only running 2Gb of RAM on Windows 7.
  2. I'd love to upgrade but my current budget doesn't let me. What's strange is that it used to run same game pretty good under Win XP.
  3. Screen size does not matter, what resolution are you running it on? Do you have the same video settings as you did under XP? I think your 2 cards are probably being held up by the CPU and RAM though, even if the 7600GS is not the fastest thing out there, in SLI mode, they will outrun your other hardware.
  4. Oh man , are u serious ? why do u get that Big Monitor for Gaming ? cant u see well ?

Best Monitor for Gaming is 19 Inch or maximum 20 Inch , more than these Monitors will cause Lags & u should Provide them with Monster VGA cards & they will make u pay more than what u can ! Big Display show bad Details of Gaming , didnt u compared big Pictures & little ones ? big ones always have lower Quality ! so get 19 Inch & ur allset !
  5. QMark said:
    Oh man , are u serious ? why do u get that Big Monitor for Gaming ? cant u see well ?

Best Monitor for Gaming is 19 Inch or maximum 20 Inch , more than these Monitors will cause Lags & u should Provide them with Monster VGA cards & they will make u pay more than what u can ! Big Display show bad Details of Gaming , didnt u compared big Pictures & little ones ? big ones always have lower Quality ! so get 19 Inch & ur allset !

Ohh really ?
    You should go play on a 22 inch 1080 P, and compare it to your 19 inch top of the world screen.
    Maximum 20 inch for gaming ? seriously ?
    And oh, btw, performance depends on resolution of the screen not the size-
    You're 'well' informed..
  6. Ok go & have Fun with Lagy games on 22 inch , that little Inches doesnt Realy effect on Game Quality They onyl Reduce the FPS ! 19 Inch is Great , with that you can maxout your games without any problem .
  7. 55range , IF U open your eyes well , you will see that 19 , & 20 inches doesnt realy have Difference , BIGER DISPLAY ONYL REDUCE FPS , Smaller Display wont show you bad Details of Games , Instead will give u great Quality & fast FPS ,

I already Compared them , 20 inch , 19 & 22 & ...

Op cant get 5970 or something like that to run games on 22 inch fine , he can pay much lower for VGA card by geting 19 Inch , What do you realy want from biger Display . Do u have Problem with your EYES ?

IF u play games on 22 Inch you will see for Sure that Quality Goes Lower on higher Displays
  8. QMark said:
    55range , IF U open your eyes well , you will see that 19 , & 20 inches doesnt realy have Difference , BIGER DISPLAY ONYL REDUCE FPS , Smaller Display wont show you bad Details of Games , Instead will give u great Quality & fast FPS ,

Op cant get 5970 or something like that to run games on 22 inch fine , he can pay much lower for VGA card by geting 19 Inch , What do you realy want from biger Display . Do u have Problem with your EYES ?

IF u play games on 22 Inch you will see for Sure that Quality Goes Lower on higher Displays

Really ?
    Bigger display = Bigger resolution [most cases]
    Therefore better image quality , so stop your nonsense abt big screens and LOW quality-
    You are totally wrong-
    Btw, 22 inch 1080 p a gtx 460 + will do very fine.
    Get your info right-
  9. sergioni said:
    I'm playing Battlefield 2 on my 42" LCD and it is slow, lagging and not performing as it use to when I had 19"monitor and Windows XP. My PC has AMD 3200+ 2Gb RAM and Dual nVidia GS 7600, Windows 7. Does my big screen and new windows 7 sucking life out of old "grandpa" ? Thanks.

Yeah it's pretty simple you already explained your problem, you went to a higher res monitor and moved away from xp. Most likely that 42 is 1920 by 1080 and that 19 inch may quite a bit lower, SO really your whole system is going to need an overhaul to handle bf bc 2 now. Windows 7 needs a bit more cpu power, and quite a bit more ram which could really be the biggest problem. if you want to solve your problem, you probably need at least 1 perferrible 2 more GB of ram, then you'll probably want at least a 5770, probably better, then a cpu with alittle more grunt then your running with now
  10. QMark said:
    55range , IF U open your eyes well , you will see that 19 , & 20 inches doesnt realy have Difference , BIGER DISPLAY ONYL REDUCE FPS , Smaller Display wont show you bad Details of Games , Instead will give u great Quality & fast FPS ,

I think you need to read a bit about displays, resolutions, quality etc...

You are making a very strong point that is totally wrong. Display size has nothing to do with how fast the game plays or how good it looks. It's all in the resolution, game settings and monitor quality. Your so-called fast FPS is there because you are running at a lower resolution on a smaller screen. Why don't you play on a 14" monitor then? You can run it at 800x600 and use a 5 year old card with no issues.

You can fit a lot more of the game screen in a larger monitor, why limit to a 19" screen?
  11. hang-the-9 said:
    I think you need to read a bit about displays, resolutions, quality etc...

You are making a very strong point that is totally wrong. Display size has nothing to do with how fast the game plays or how good it looks. It's all in the resolution, game settings and monitor quality. Your so-called fast FPS is there because you are running at a lower resolution on a smaller screen. Why don't you play on a 14" monitor then? You can run it at 800x600 and use a 5 year old card with no issues.

You can fit a lot more of the game screen in a larger monitor, why limit to a 19" screen?

As you see, I tried explaining, but the guy knows too much ..
    He's definitely an 'expert'
  12. WHen u get Biger Display , then u get higher Rez option in game , & u wanna set it To highest rez for Good Quality , SO higher Rez & higher Quality Option Reduce FPS , so u need better VGA card , GTX 460 can do much much better on 19 inch ! u realy wont get ANY QUALITY DIFFERENCE from 19 inch to 22 !

Do what ever u want , its all your Opinion & your Money , pay how much u want ! i DOnt care , I enjoy of my 19Inch which i play games so Great & SO Nice !
  13. QMark said:
    WHen u get Biger Display , then u get higher Rez option in game , & u wanna set it To highest rez for Good Quality , SO higher Rez & higher Quality Option Reduce FPS , so u need better VGA card , GTX 460 can do much much better on 19 inch ! u realy wont get ANY QUALITY DIFFERENCE from 19 inch to 22 !

Do what ever u want , its all your Opinion & your Money , pay how much u want ! i DOnt care , I enjoy of my 19Inch which i play games so Great & SO Nice !

Look, most monitors that are 19-20 in. go 1080p. The only difference is that you get a bigger screen and a little worse looking screen. This is because they are stressing your GPU the same just one screen is bigger. Please do not go around telling people things, when frankly, you don't know them yourself. A 19 in. screen at 1080p will stress just as much as a 43 in. 1080p. :D
  14. Omg- Q mark - You and your opinions- Better keep them for yourself, you just dont know how these things work , and argue a lot-
  15. Ok 55range , its my opinion , but u will definitly get lower FPS with Biger Monitor . dont u accept that ? havnt u see Benchmarks on Differente Rez ? FPS goes lower on higher Rez & higher rez is coming from Biger Screens , why cant u understand that u will need better VGa card to handle biger rez in games , when u dont have much Rez options , so u maxout ur game with Low rez & u get high FPS with Medium VGA card . then u waste much less money .

Realy dont need to get that big Screen for Gaming , what do u realy wanna see that u cant see on 19 inch . LCDs are all same . 19 & 20 & 22 just offer bigger Screens no Higher Quality , i already Compared them before !
  16. QMark said:
    Ok 55range , its my opinion , but u will definitly get lower FPS with Biger Monitor . dont u accept that ? havnt u see Benchmarks on Differente Rez ? FPS goes lower on higher Rez & higher rez is coming from Biger Screens , why cant u understand that u will need better VGa card to handle biger rez in games , when u dont have much Rez options , so u maxout ur game with Low rez & u get high FPS with Medium VGA card . then u waste much less money .

Realy dont need to get that big Screen for Gaming , what do u realy wanna see that u cant see on 19 inch . LCDs are all same . 19 & 20 & 22 just offer bigger Screens no Higher Quality , i already Compared them before !

IT DOES NOT MATTER HOW BIG YOUR SCREEN IS! IT ONLY MATTERS HOW MUCH RES YOU HAVE SET UP! :fou: :fou: :fou:
  17. QMark said:
    Ok 55range , its my opinion , but u will definitly get lower FPS with Biger Monitor . dont u accept that ? havnt u see Benchmarks on Differente Rez ? FPS goes lower on higher Rez & higher rez is coming from Biger Screens , why cant u understand that u will need better VGa card to handle biger rez in games , when u dont have much Rez options , so u maxout ur game with Low rez & u get high FPS with Medium VGA card . then u waste much less money .

Oh come on, go get informed about res and big screens, you don't know a thing about them-
  18. my monitor runs at 2560x1600 native and it looks a lot better than anything i've seen on a 19" monitor hands down, but i can run it at 800x600 if i want. it really is the resolution chosen and not the size alone. yes, getting a bigger monitor and running it at a higher rez does cost more in gpu cost, but size alone is not a factor.

i run vista, happily, without problems, but i wouldn't have even thought you could run 7 with 2gb of ram. that's where i'd start. my memory tells me i needed 4gb for vista and i'm planning to up that to 6gb soon. i would also think that would be a much cheaper place to start than sli 460's, though i think the 7600 is certainly part of the problem too. maybe more like great grandpa...
  19. hang-the-9 said:
    Screen size does not matter, what resolution are you running it on? Do you have the same video settings as you did under XP? I think your 2 cards are probably being held up by the CPU and RAM though, even if the 7600GS is not the fastest thing out there, in SLI mode, they will outrun your other hardware.

I am running the game at 1024X768 which is the same I use to run on XP, I even try to go lower and it didn't help. The only theory left is that Windows 7 sucking more resources then Win XP did and that's what is causing poor performance.
  20. QMark said:
    Oh man , are u serious ? why do u get that Big Monitor for Gaming ? cant u see well ?

We combined TV and PC to one monitor to save space, I just move further away from monitor to get a better view. If I had the option I'd rather go with 20" or so for my PC.
  21. jonnyboyC said:
    Yeah it's pretty simple you already explained your problem, you went to a higher res monitor and moved away from xp. Most likely that 42 is 1920 by 1080 and that 19 inch may quite a bit lower, SO really your whole system is going to need an overhaul to handle bf bc 2 now. Windows 7 needs a bit more cpu power, and quite a bit more ram which could really be the biggest problem. if you want to solve your problem, you probably need at least 1 perferrible 2 more GB of ram, then you'll probably want at least a 5770, probably better, then a cpu with alittle more grunt then your running with now

Your comment makes sense.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Windows 7 Graphics