BG2 SofA Mage or Magic user? HELP!

BP

Now that Nalia is kidnapped. I need a Magic User in my group. Does anyone
know where I can pick one up other than Xan? (I really hate that guy).

Any help is appreciated.

BP

"BP" <BufordPusser1234@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Now that Nalia is kidnapped. I need a Magic User in my group. Does
anyone
> know where I can pick one up other than Xan? (I really hate that
guy).

You can't pick up Xan at all. He doesn't even appear in the same game
as Nalia - Xan is BG1 (and the BG2 tutorial only but NOT the main
game): Nalia is BG2 main game.

I presume you mean Edwin, though.

However, you can get Nalia back without any fighting (well, ONE
possible fight against ONE opponent, indoors, if you cannot pick his
pocket), and without ever leaving Athkatla. Just follow the
instructions given to you by the person who spoke to you just after
Nalia was kidnappedi by Isaea Roenall, and go to the two places he
mentions (they are in the Docks district and the Government district),
and also speak to the person he mentions (this person is in the Docks
district), and investigate any evidence you can convince *this* guy to
reveal.

Jonathan.

On Sat, 29 May 2004 19:45:59 +0100, "Jonathan Ellis"
<jonathan@franz-liszt.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>"BP" <BufordPusser1234@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Now that Nalia is kidnapped. I need a Magic User in my group. Does
>anyone
>> know where I can pick one up other than Xan? (I really hate that
>guy).
>
>You can't pick up Xan at all. He doesn't even appear in the same game
>as Nalia - Xan is BG1 (and the BG2 tutorial only but NOT the main
>game): Nalia is BG2 main game.
>
>I presume you mean Edwin, though.

There's also a Xan mod out there that allows you to install Xan. Why
someone would do this if he "hates" Xan is a bit puzzling, but, it
_could_ have happened ;).

As to the original poster...

Aerie is a cleric-mage who you can find in the circus tent. Edwin is
available in the docks. You can rescue Nalia (which, IIRC is just a
series of fetch-quests that wouldn't take more than an hour to get
through).

Gwen