Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Only 1 of 3 case fans running on rosewill challenger

Last response: in Components
April 7, 2011 3:40:39 PM

Hi,

I have a rosewill challenger case, a seasonic 650w x-series psu, and an Asus P8P67-M Pro motherboard. Not overclocking right now and CPU temperature is showing at 25 degrees Celsius. My concern is that only 1 of the three case fans is running -- the rear one which is connected to the motherboard via a 3 pin connector to the PWR_FAN.

The other fans are on the top and the front and neither are running. These have molex connectors and I daisy-chained them together and then used a supplied y-adapter (1 molex to (2) 4-pin connectors) to connect the daisy-chained fans to the motherboard to CHA_FAN1 and CHA_FAN2. But neither fan runs. Do they not run because they're not cabled properly or because the temperature in the case is low enough where they don't need to run?

Should I not use the y-adapter, not daisy-chain the fans together, and simply purchase and use molex to 4-pin (or 3-pin) adapters? If the latter, where to buy these cheap?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Best solution

a c 93 ) Power supply
a c 104 V Motherboard
April 7, 2011 9:04:52 PM

25 degrees is a nice low case temp. That is probably why the motherboard CHA_FAN 1& 2 don't turn ON. I like to see the front fan, top, and the rear fan run at full speed and I suggest that you connect these fans directly to the PSU using Molex connectors daisy-chained as you suggested. Leave out the Y-adapter because I read elsewhere about some product issues on this (may be ok now).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Try your local computer store too, for the Molex fan cables (daisy-chaining type).
April 8, 2011 1:05:48 PM

Best answer selected by Alduron.
m
l
a c 93 ) Power supply
a c 104 V Motherboard
April 8, 2011 2:26:08 PM

Thank you!
m
l
Related resources
!