Motherboard won't power up.

deathrament

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
Ok a bit of a problem, i bought some used parts off ebay to put a pc together for a friend. I put it all together as ive done many times before. The specs are as follows.
Intel D915GAG/D915PSY 775 PCI-E
Genuine Intel Heatsink & Fan FOR LGA SOCKET 775 (brand new, with thermal paste already on it)
Intel Pentium-4 CPU 3.4GHz SL7PY Socket LGA775 Processor 3.4ghZ/1M/800 YL
PNY Verto GeForce 8600GTS DDR3 256MB PCIe (VCG86GTSXPB)
Aopen 350 Watt Power Supply z350-08ata + 20/24PIN SATA
I had my own ram and hd and case.
When i first put it together and turned it on it said cpu too hot, i don't remember the exact phrasing of it. So i went into bios to see and it was showing 91 c. I checked to make sure the heatsink was seated properly and it was. I went at it a bit to try to figure out if it was a bad sensor on the board, or if the cpu was actually at that temp. During my examination i disconnected the main power line of the board but forgot to unplug the pws.(pc was off) Since then the MB will not power on, also i cant seem to get the graphics card i bought to work either, i tried it in my machine and it spins but will not display and my mb beeps to indicate that its not reading it.
Im thinking i may have damaged parts when i pulled that plug out of the board. But im not sure if i damaged the cpu or if the cpu got damaged from the temps it was showing.
Basically i dont know if everything is ruined or just some parts. I need to order more parts but i dont know what i need. And i dont have a compatible chip to try in the motherboard to see if it is just the cpu, nor do i have a different mb that i could test the cpu in.
PSU is still working.

deathrament

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011