Sign in with
Your question

How much can i get for my computer?

Last response: in Systems
January 12, 2011 4:50:40 PM

Hello, I need some advice from u guys. I wonder how much my computer is worth.

My specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-890XA-UD3
CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 620 @ 3.0Ghz
RAM: Cruzial BallistiX DDR3 4GB
GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 460 1GB OC
Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout
HDD: Corsair Nova V128 128GB SSD
Backuphdd: Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB
Monitor: Philips 190VW 19"
Keyboard: Logitech G15 V2
Mouse: Razer Deathadder Respawn

Thx for Advice :D 

More about : computer

a c 84 B Homebuilt system
January 12, 2011 6:31:13 PM

Not a whole lot. Pricing the parts on Newegg (ignoring the monitor, keyboard and mouse) gets a new price of about $800. Since you're not a professional builder (no warranty) and you overclocked (added wear and tear on the parts), knock off 25% of that. Then take off 10% ($60) for every couple of months of use. I'd say getting $450-500 would be good. Of course, you didn't list the PSU, so if it's a decently sized, high quality one, you could probably increase that to $500-550.

You'd probably do better to part it out. I'd be surprised if the SSD, GPU, CPU, case and motherboard (with or without the OS) didn't go for more than what I've listed for the build.
January 12, 2011 6:35:33 PM

well, I priced out your system on NewEgg and it came up to ~$1200 with no PSU

Add in the cost of a quality PSU - $60 and we're talking a replacement cost of ~$1260

Now, factoring in a gaming keyboard and gaming mouse which have NO advantage to the common consumer we need to immediatly reduce that price by $100...most users don't use gaming equipment

I wouldn't pay more than $800 for this rig ESPECIALLY if NO OS is included.

EDIT: Madadmiral...am I missing something, you came up with 800? Monitor/mouse/keyboard were not $400 obviously

Edit again: Ok, I checked the numbers and this time I came up with $900 less Keyboard, mouse, monitor, PSU, and OS
Related resources
January 12, 2011 7:13:30 PM

ok thank you :)  PSU: Cooler Master GX 550w
January 12, 2011 8:10:52 PM

Knowing the PSU, I'd bump that up to $475-525.

@snowgoer: I don't add in the cost of the OS. I also just eyeballed a couple of parts (RAM, HDD GPU).
a b B Homebuilt system
January 13, 2011 12:54:00 AM

you could get 600 for that on ebay I'm pretty sure
January 13, 2011 2:15:30 PM

I'll add that the amount you get changes a lot with who you're selling it to. If you're selling in a high tech knowlege group (like the Classifieds here at Tom's or any other computer/tech forum), you're going to get less. You're also likely to get less haggling over it, simply because people know what it's worth. If you sell it to the unwashed masses (eBay, Craiglist, etc.), you're likely to get more money for it, but you'll also end up with a bigger headache.

It's typically not advised to sell it on eBay, as you'll lose "profit" on the shipping and other fees. Craiglist is generally considered a better choice if possible.
!