Closed Solved

Will Gigabyte GA-M55SLI-S4 support GeForce GTX 470

Hello, I have a Gigabyte GA-M55SLI-S4 motherboard and a 7100 GeForce graphics card not but i want a upgrade and don't really have that low of a price range but want to know if i am limited by mother board.

Thank you, Max
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about will gigabyte m55sli support geforce
  1. Best answer
    That motherboard has 2 x PCI-Express slots so you are fine there. What you would be limited by would be your power supply.
  2. If you could tell me if this will limit it Raid-Max ATX12V Power if you need more info tell me but do you have any idea if this will supply it?
  3. Raidmax is generally very low quality and not really recommended for high end systems. I need to know the wattage to know if it will work. There is a sticker on the side that should tell you.
  4. The total output in watts is 450W will that be enough?
  5. No I would not chance it with a cheap brand. Even a GTX 460 is cutting it close with a cheap brand like that. Look for a good quality unit from Corsair, Seasonic, PC Power and Cooling, Antec, XFX or Silverstone of 500 watts or more for a GTX470. You may even want to go with 550 watts to be sure. A 450w unit from those manufacturers will run a GTX460.
  6. Out of those brands you have listed which do you believe would be the best for a 550watt.
    And thank you for helping with this
  7. What ever one you can find cheapest. The Corsair 550VX is an excellent choice .

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139004

Notice the 10% off with code.
  8. Best answer selected by mjicman20.
  9. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Gigabyte Geforce Motherboards Graphics Product