Sign in with
Your question

Sc2 cursor glitch

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 13, 2010 3:20:56 AM

My mouse cursor randomly turns to artifacts in sc2, sometimes in heroes of newerth. shaking helps sometimes but not reliable fix and will carry over onto desktop if its not corrected ingame. Im using win 7 64bit and an ati card, 5700 series. Read through an old topic but after sifting through it quick there was no real answer so i'm hoping to get one here if such a thing exists.
Thanks for your help.

More about : sc2 cursor glitch

November 13, 2010 3:23:43 AM

Tried with some other mouse?
m
l
November 13, 2010 3:56:18 AM

doesn't happen to my brother and he has win 7 but on a laptop.... and no i dont have another mouse, and this is a logitech G5. I actually dont even know if i have the software for it installed on this computer either since its a huge pain in the balls and just makes the mouse suck imo, the setpoint and 'game speed' crap that never works.

is there other software for mice that doesn't come from the manufacturer? i dont think i even have the original software for it.

But after looking for people with a similar problem i didnt see anything about mouse software or it having anything to do with the mouse itself...
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
November 13, 2010 4:13:00 AM

Go to the logitech site and get the driver. Good luck since that firm usually doesn't offer support for older products but you can find drivers on the net.
m
l
November 13, 2010 5:10:18 PM

Well thats the point, i dont want to download Setpoint (the driver software... or the only thing they offer to download) because its annoying and didnt work well on my last computer, it would always change my mouse sensitivity when entering and exiting games and i would just rather not have it.
thats why i asked... "is there other software for mice that doesn't come from the manufacturer?" and am i the only one with this cursor glitch still? you haven't even mentioned it. do you even know what i'm talking about? i'm 100% positive i'm not the only one with this problem... I just can't find a solution, and the only other post i find through google leads me to this forum to a topic that has been closed with no answer...
m
l
November 13, 2010 6:47:33 PM

Try to lower the polling rate. It could also be a video card driver issue, the mouse sends the correct signal but the GPU driver isn't working well with it.
m
l
November 20, 2010 5:12:57 AM

i downloaded the latest version of setpoint, the mouse software for my mouse and the glitch still happens, i dont know if you've heard about it but i'm not the only one that has had this problem. i still have yet to find an answer....

and im not a techie, i have no idea what a polling rate is.

see this closed post: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/277133-33-mouse-point...

it says its an ati problem, but have any fixs been released? how would i even know?
m
l
November 26, 2010 8:21:23 PM

I updated my drivers last night and it just happened again, The polling rate i haven't changed, the settings in that screenshot that have the advanced game settings or w/e i have disabled them because i'm sick of it changing everything and getting messed up if i have to alt-tab out of a game so whatever my polling rate is at it should be default and not based on that program right? since i have game detection disabled and the only polling rate option i see is under advanced game settings....?
m
l
November 26, 2010 8:45:25 PM

Check with the Logitech forums, your problems are specific to their product. Maybe there's some other driver out there. Sorry I couldn't help.

http://forums.logitech.com/
m
l
November 27, 2010 1:12:42 AM

I dont think its my mouse. If you read the link i posted before it talked about other people having the same and similar problems such as moving the cursor to a second monitor and they all pointed to ATI. Mind you this was an older post and there have been new drivers and things but I can't find an answer to this problem anywhere.
Thanks anyways, I'll try the ati forums perhapse.
m
l
!