LCD Backlight Replacement CCFL light bulb => European shop..

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
March 1, 2005 11:05:24 AM

Archived from groups: sci.electronics.repair,uk.comp.sys.laptops,comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

The backlight of my laptop's LCD-screen (IBM Thinkpad X20, 12.2"-screen) is
defective.
The image is still displayed correctly although very faintly.

I did some research and found out that there are two possible causes for
this:
1) Broken CCFL light bulb
3) Broken inverter

I will start by replacing the light bulb (length +- 250 mm, thickness +- 2
mm).

The following two USA-based (web)shops are selling these components:
- Mouser Electronics
http://www.mouser.com/
- Digi-Key
http://digi-key.com/

=> In order to avoid high shipping costs, I am looking for some Europe-based
(Belgian ?) (web)shops that sell these bulbs to end-users.

Any suggestions ?

Many thanks in advance !

Teknyske
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 1, 2005 11:05:25 AM

Archived from groups: sci.electronics.repair,uk.comp.sys.laptops,comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

I would not know about Europe. But, these are normally replaced together.
When you look at the shipping costs for these items separately, it will pay
to have them both shipped as one order.

--

Jerry G.
======

"Teknyske" <TeknyskeNOSPM@belgacom.net> wrote in message
[...]

March 1, 2005 12:22:59 PM

Teknyske wrote:
> The backlight of my laptop's LCD-screen (IBM Thinkpad X20,
> 12.2"-screen) is defective.
> The image is still displayed correctly although very faintly.
>
> I did some research and found out that there are two possible causes
> for this:
> 1) Broken CCFL light bulb
> 3) Broken inverter
>
> I will start by replacing the light bulb (length +- 250 mm, thickness
> +- 2 mm).
>
> The following two USA-based (web)shops are selling these components:
> - Mouser Electronics
> http://www.mouser.com/
> - Digi-Key
> http://digi-key.com/
>
> => In order to avoid high shipping costs, I am looking for some
> Europe-based (Belgian ?) (web)shops that sell these bulbs to
> end-users.
>
> Any suggestions ?
>
> Many thanks in advance !
>
> Teknyske

You could try www.clonesuk.com

Dennis.

--
Satellite photocharts of the UK & Ireland
available, excellent detail and accurate

In article <42241424$0$28063$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be>, Teknyske wrote:
>The backlight of my laptop's LCD-screen (IBM Thinkpad X20, 12.2"-screen) is
>defective.
>
>I will start by replacing the light bulb (length +- 250 mm, thickness +- 2
>mm).
>
>=> In order to avoid high shipping costs, I am looking for some Europe-based
>(Belgian ?) (web)shops that sell these bulbs to end-users.

http://www.backlight4you.com/
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 1, 2005 9:33:37 PM

Teknyske wrote:

> The backlight of my laptop's LCD-screen (IBM Thinkpad X20, 12.2"-screen) is
> defective.
> The image is still displayed correctly although very faintly.
>
> I did some research and found out that there are two possible causes for
> this:
> 1) Broken CCFL light bulb
> 3) Broken inverter
>
> I will start by replacing the light bulb (length +- 250 mm, thickness +- 2
> mm).
>
> The following two USA-based (web)shops are selling these components:
> - Mouser Electronics
> http://www.mouser.com/
> - Digi-Key
> http://digi-key.com/
>
> => In order to avoid high shipping costs, I am looking for some Europe-based
> (Belgian ?) (web)shops that sell these bulbs to end-users.
>
> Any suggestions ?
>
> Many thanks in advance !
>
> Teknyske

Here is the link for replacment backlights on eBay as of March 1st.

http://search.ebay.com/replacement-backlight_W0QQsofocu...

I am BillGatus of Borg. Resistance is futile. You will be assim
[General Protection Fault]
March 2, 2005 12:54:12 AM

Archived from groups: sci.electronics.repair,uk.comp.sys.laptops,comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

Also consider www.allelectronics.com .

TomC

"Teknyske" <TeknyskeNOSPM@belgacom.net> wrote in message
> The backlight of my laptop's LCD-screen (IBM Thinkpad X20, 12.2"-screen)
is
> defective.
> The image is still displayed correctly although very faintly.
>
> I did some research and found out that there are two possible causes for
> this:
> 1) Broken CCFL light bulb
> 3) Broken inverter
>
> I will start by replacing the light bulb (length +- 250 mm, thickness +- 2
> mm).
>
> The following two USA-based (web)shops are selling these components:
> - Mouser Electronics
> http://www.mouser.com/
> - Digi-Key
> http://digi-key.com/
>
> => In order to avoid high shipping costs, I am looking for some
Europe-based
> (Belgian ?) (web)shops that sell these bulbs to end-users.
>
> Any suggestions ?
>
> Many thanks in advance !
>
> Teknyske

December 31, 2012 10:52:46 AM

http://www.cn-ovl.com

OVL (Nanjing) ELectronics have 13 years LCD backlight Cold cathode (CCFL), LED lightbar manufacturer experience. Other LCD backlight components BEF, Light Guide Panel, Reflector Film, Tape available too.
!