Sign in with
Your question

Ati radeon x1650 fan noise

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 13, 2010 7:52:04 AM

Hello,I just bought an ati radeon x1650 pci-e graphic card and when i installed it and switched on my pc a noise which wass very annoying started to come i checked the cpu fan and there was nothing wrong with it.Then i checked the Graphic card and to my surprise it was this fan of the card that was making this huge annoying noise.Can somebody please help me deal with this noise bcoz i also have to work on my system.Please Help!
a b U Graphics card
November 13, 2010 1:29:59 PM

This is an old GPU, so I am assuming you bought it used, the fan bearing may simply be dirty, or they may be worn out.
Try removing the fan, cleaning and oiling it with a very light weight oil, like a machine oil, very lightly. If that doesn't do it, you may have replace it.
m
l
November 23, 2010 1:24:12 PM

jitpublisher said:
This is an old GPU, so I am assuming you bought it used, the fan bearing may simply be dirty, or they may be worn out.
Try removing the fan, cleaning and oiling it with a very light weight oil, like a machine oil, very lightly. If that doesn't do it, you may have replace it.

Hi jitpublisher thanx a ton for ur instructions but can u please guide me how to open or where to put the oil bcoz im afraid it might get damaged as im not very used to asembling hardware stuff.
m
l
!