Advice on Sandy Bridge build needed

ElectricRig

Distinguished
May 18, 2010
Sigh had the perfect i7 build, but now Sandy Bridge has come along and screwed everything up. Here is my new revised build its main purpose will be for gaming:

GPU: 2 x Radeon 6950
CPU: i5-2500K
CPUC: Zalman CNPS10X Performa
MOBO: Asus-p8p67 Pro
RAM: ?
PSU: Corsair GS800 800W
MONITOR: 2 x Philips 234EL
HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
CASE: AeroCool X-Predator
SSD: OCZ 120GB
Full detail: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=t-11vi42E3wMRqE9_lH4QAw&authkey=CJu0xZ8L#gid=3

I am not too sure which ram to get seeing that there are hardly any compatible with Sandy Bridge.

Also, do you reckon that the Asus p8p67 pro is good enough or should I get the Asus p8p67 deluxe.

Lastly, I'm slightly over-budget and I was thinking I could save a few bucks by getting a smaller sized SSD instead but I'm not to sure which will be best.

My last PC I got had compatibility issues and constantly gave me BSOD so if you disagree with any of the choices please tell me.

Thanks for the help

lupinesithlord

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
If you have a microcenter near you go there, their processor pricing is the best "in store"

Also, do you reckon that the Asus p8p67 pro is good enough or should I get the Asus p8p67 deluxe.

I'd recommend a gigabyte boards, but thats just cause I've had better luck with them then asus...