Where am I being bottlenecked on my gaming rig?

smefbob

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
ATI Radeon HD 5770x2 crossfire
8GB DDR3 1600
Intel i5 Quad Core 760 2.8 (stock)
Asus Intel P7P55D-E PRO
750W XFX PSU
Windows 7 Home 64bit

I play on 1920x1080 resolution

G

Why do you want to upgrade? What games are you playing that you do not get the desired performance?

If anything, Xfire 5770 = 5870, so yes a 6950 or 6970 would be an upgrade.

There is nothing wrong with your CPU at all, you should do a little reading up on Overclocking so you can turn that CPU up a little, What cooler are you running, if its stock, upgrade that ASAP and Overclock that CPU to at least 3.4GHZ

If you don't have a SSD, that would probably the most noticeable upgrade to the system as a whole, it wont improve your Game FPS, but it will improve the responsiveness of the PC and Load times of games!

smefbob

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
Well, I don't really want to upgrade but was just making sure I was set for a couple years. I am currently using a stock cooler for the processor also I've been looking into SSDs recently I'll consider picking one up. In addition to looking into SSDs I've been looking for HDDs in general since I heard you can improve your performance with FRAPS recording if it saves to any disk that isn't the one that has the game that you're recording on it.

G

yeah you are set for sure.

Best thing is definitely change the cooler, and research the SSD, I could not go back to a normal HDD as Boot drive, Fraps does do a heck of a lot better if you record to secondary drive, but be aware, the files can become very large very quickly.

TRENDING THREADS