Direct3d device9 Present failed driver internal error

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Windows 7
  • Direct3D
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
November 13, 2010 1:03:21 PM

Hello everyone, i was playing black ops on windows7 bit glitchie so i went back to XP and got the direct3d device9 resent failed driver internal error (-2005530585) after 2 reinstalls..... went back to windows 7 untimate and black ops worked straight away. not an issue

i7 950
asus P6X58D-E
2x2 gig kingston 2000 ram
western digital 2terra
Asus 5870

most of it is directx 11 ready and windows 7, so my guess is I have to run windows7.

hope this helps people......... 3 reformats in 8hrs i have done my part lol

More about : direct3d device9 present failed driver internal error

a b U Graphics card
November 13, 2010 1:19:04 PM

So it doesn't happen at all on 7? just on xp and just when playing blacks ops?

If it doesn't happen anymore guess you're good to go, the game itself is what's glitchy and optimized like crap, independent of which OS you're using, so you're not loosing anything.
m
l
November 13, 2010 1:47:09 PM

yer that right wiinippongam I thought I will post it so others having issues.... it took 8hrs to work out that issue
m
l
Related resources
December 2, 2010 4:37:50 AM

I have the same problem, as of two or three days ago. Before then I was running Black Ops fine. Or fine for Black Ops anyway.

So you think there's no hope for a fix on Win XP? I have been googling like a mofo to try and find a solution but all I get are more questions. It's like watching Lost.

I have an E6600, Gigabyte P965-DQ6, 2GB DDR2 RAM, Radeon 5870. All meets min specs, oh and Win XP Pro sp3.
m
l
December 2, 2010 11:40:49 AM

Slugger78 said:
I have the same problem, as of two or three days ago. Before then I was running Black Ops fine. Or fine for Black Ops anyway.

So you think there's no hope for a fix on Win XP? I have been googling like a mofo to try and find a solution but all I get are more questions. It's like watching Lost.

I have an E6600, Gigabyte P965-DQ6, 2GB DDR2 RAM, Radeon 5870. All meets min specs, oh and Win XP Pro sp3.

hey slugger 78..... I tryed the Asus 5870 in 2 pc's Q6600 or it might be the E6600 one of the first intel quads that only had ddr2 800 on the mother board, so its really old now........

any way running xp pro sp3, wouldnt touch it. my i7 950 i installed windows 7 and worked but it freezes for a second about every 2-3 seconds making it jumpie/laggy so I tried windows xp and got the direct3d device9 error

so I wemt back to windows 7 and it was gorn and playing fine with the updates about 4 weeks ago, I think u need windows7 to run the direct x11 as it dosnt like the direct x9.0.c or direct x10... well thats my experiance.

Im not sure if Radeon has an up date to fix the issue, but now there are 6870 cards made for mw2 been released (bit late now the game is nearly dead, cant get any local servers)
m
l
December 2, 2010 8:40:21 PM

Fair enough, I am saving for an i5-760 upgrade, I have the motherboard, RAM and Win 7 sitting in the draw waiting for the cpu and maybe an SSD. Hopefully once it's all together that will make a difference. The weird thing is I've actually been playing since release day up until 3 or 4 days ago then all of a sudden these Direct3DDevice errors come along.
m
l
December 3, 2010 12:04:47 AM

Slugger78 said:
Fair enough, I am saving for an i5-760 upgrade, I have the motherboard, RAM and Win 7 sitting in the draw waiting for the cpu and maybe an SSD. Hopefully once it's all together that will make a difference. The weird thing is I've actually been playing since release day up until 3 or 4 days ago then all of a sudden these Direct3DDevice errors come along.

oh wow that must be pain full, it must of been a black ops update that pooched it. good luck and hopefully another update fixes it. because there is nothing out there that can identify that error atm
m
l