Tags:
  • Sound Cards
  • Playstation
  • Speakers
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
April 8, 2011 2:03:06 AM

Can anyone recommend a good sound card that I can hook my 5.1 speakers to and also use an optical for my ps3's surround for under $50

More about : good cheap sound card ps3

April 8, 2011 8:10:04 AM

You can check this one out...!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Express x1 Interface Sound Card - OEM

Altho oem i think it will fit like a marvell to your current configuration living room for a couple of improvements later on. Altho it does surpass your limit of 50$ BUT for as much as 4.99$ more; or you can always try finding it in the local store of your choise.
m
l
April 8, 2011 12:19:09 PM

No, do NOT buy the ExtremeAudio. It was a VERY nerfed card when it first came out, and lacks features that even other X-fi cards have.

Secondly, no PC audio card will help with PS3 audio. None will decode a Dolby/DTS audio stream, only pass it along to another device.

My recommendations for cheap soundcards:

ASUS Xonar DG
ASUS Xonar DS
ASUS Xonar D1/DX
HT Omega Striker

Tell me a bit more about your setup, and I can point you in a specific direction.
m
l
April 8, 2011 8:27:36 PM

I want to be able to hook up my ps3 to my computer basically, monitor will be dvi for computer and hdmi for the ps3 and then I'm looking for a soundcard I can use my logitech 5.1's with that also has an (optical in?) port to use to have my ps3 give surround to my computers speakers
m
l
!