Best Memory for ASUS M4A79XTD EVO

shepujw

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Has anyone successfully installed 16gb of ram into the ASUS M4A79XTD EVO Motherboard? I recently purchased 16gb of Corsair Ram (Link to product on newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233198 ).

PC was running fine until I installed this ram. Windows runs fine, but anything memory intensive and my pc locks up after a minute or so into the game. Ran memtest86+ and it found errors, so i manually set the timings/voltage/speed and same thing, errors with memtest86+. Then I did the norm, tested each stick individually and they all work fine.

Is this motherboard just a piece of garbage? Is there any 4gb ram sticks that work with this board? ASUS's Qualified Vendor List doesn't list any 4gb chips, so how do I get 16 gb of ram?

Just wondering if anyone has successfully installed 16gb of ram on this board.

m14eyd

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
Yes I have the same memory installed - initially i set the timings in the bios and received blue screens, resetting all to auto set the cas timing to 9 but the memory speed to 1333MHz @ 1.6V

I set the memory speed to 1600MHz and left the timings at auto - it has set itself to CAS 11 @1.6V but is stable - I've still to tinker with lowering the cas timings

JKatwyopc

Distinguished
What CPU are you useing? I suspect that your problem could have something to do with the memory type not being compatible with the MOBO/CPU. That memory is 1.5v ram and you are using a system which was designed when the memory was specced at 1.65v or higher.