Alright everyone im new and this is my 1st post so please let me know if im doing something wrong! Im building a pc for mainly gaming but also multimedia, but mainly for music and pictures, not so much for movies. let me know how well this could perform.
Here is my build
1. Intel i5 2500 sandy bridge
2. Asus p8p76 evo lga mobo
3. Gskill ripjaw x series 8 gb (or 4 gb if 4 will be enough, your opinion needed)
4. WD Caviar black 640 gb hdd (another added later in time)
5. OCZ modxstream 700w psu
6. Asus gtx470 gpu
7. Cooler Master storm scout case
8. windows 7
9. Asus ve228h 21.5" monitor
10. logitech g110 keyboard
11. logitech mx518 mouse
12. cooleraster hyper 212 cpu fan/heatsync
^ So if you want to overclock, then certainly get the 2500K as it only has the unlocked multiplier which allows easy overclocking,... Also you might want to get a CPU cooler if overclocking - CM Hyper 212+ would be a good option,...
From where are you buying the parts ? newegg ? there are many good combos available with the parts,...
Before suggesting the video card, it would be helpful to know what games (or types of games) you want to play. For example, I do not play FPS titles, and all my less-demanding games (RPG, RTS, MMO) run maxed at 1920x1080 on a "mere" HD5770 or GTX460.