FYI sandy bridge sys with asus deluxe 1155

Hey there,

I got all my parts and here's what I have.

Asus Deluxe 1155
Corsair 2x 4GB (8GB total) - DDR3 1600, 9-9-9-24
Core i7 2600k
EVGA 570 SC

I had a problem where the computer wouldn't post. So I took out one stick and it posted. I thought maybe the other stick is bad. I also noticed the BIOS or EFI w/e came with version 503 so I updated it to version 1053 I think it is. After I did that I set the proper speed the RAM was suppose to be. Popped in the other stick and it posted fine. It's installing windows now just fine actually. Just wanted to share that as I thought that was interesting.

So far so good on this build. BTW the geforce evga 570 SC is HUGE! Way bigger than the 8800gts 512 I had. It's definitely louder than what I had.

I have it slightly OC to 3.5ghz and the temps are about 44C using a zeroTherm NV120 heatsink/fan. I bought the 1156 kit for 4 bucks and that worked fine.

ya so far I like it the BIOS or EFI is awesome. It's pretty stupid fast It installed windows 7 64bit in under 30m. i want to say about 20m.

I haven't had any time to run any bench marks yet or install anything really.

So what kind of luck are you all having with overclocking and temperatures? Is the slight OC to 3.5 at 44c decent? it seems high to me.