Antec EA650 or Corsair TX650

Nutmegman

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
Says the title. Please keep in mind the Corsair is more expensive. If the Corsair is better, is it worth the extra $15?
CPU: i5 2500k OC to 3.8~4.0GHz
GPU: GTX570

Thanks in advance! :)

Solution
I like XFX, but I'm going to stick to the Antec PSU. Antec is a good manufacturer, they have a good reputation and I respect them as a brand just that little more than Corsair in the PSU business. You wouldn't go wrong with the TX version 2 though, it will more often than not match the Antec with connectors, power consumption, noise, cooling, efficiency and warranty, so I can only tell you that either is good. Go for the cheaper one of the two, but stay away from the old TX650. The lower amount of power connectors for peripheral compontents will mean power adaptors and all kinds of other stuff that could've been avoided.

Toxxyc

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
I like XFX, but I'm going to stick to the Antec PSU. Antec is a good manufacturer, they have a good reputation and I respect them as a brand just that little more than Corsair in the PSU business. You wouldn't go wrong with the TX version 2 though, it will more often than not match the Antec with connectors, power consumption, noise, cooling, efficiency and warranty, so I can only tell you that either is good. Go for the cheaper one of the two, but stay away from the old TX650. The lower amount of power connectors for peripheral compontents will mean power adaptors and all kinds of other stuff that could've been avoided.

Solution