Sign in with
Your question

Best Graphics Card for WoW? Hear Me Out

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 13, 2010 6:58:56 PM

Ok I know most of you are going to say "WoW is not a GPU based game, my old dell can play WoW" blah blah blah and i know this but for my situation i need some Help.

Ok so right now I have http://www.gateway.com/systems/product/529668659.php
I have the Radeon HD 5770 as the card (if thats all you care about) but spec are linked above.

It runs WoW great but I want to dual screen to Play WoW on one screen and do like Internet/Music/ Anything else on other screen but my graphic s card only has 1 dvi port and 1 hdmi so I want to upgrade my car to something with 2 DVI slots (which alot of cards have).

My question is, What Video Card will be the best for this situation. I have been reading about the Radeon 5870 and the Nvidia 470 and have seen people complaining about FPS issues and im not about to go down that road. :??: 

*Im also willing to upgrade my Power Supply so dont worry, if I have to I will*

So if anyone has any advise and suggestions, Please respond. And if you find a good card, im waiting till Black Friday/ Cyber Monday to buy it.

More about : graphics card wow hear

November 13, 2010 7:19:30 PM

JKGreene2014 said:
Ok I know most of you are going to say "WoW is not a GPU based game, my old dell can play WoW" blah blah blah and i know this but for my situation i need some Help.

Ok so right now I have http://www.gateway.com/systems/product/529668659.php
I have the Radeon HD 5770 as the card (if thats all you care about) but spec are linked above.

It runs WoW great but I want to dual screen to Play WoW on one screen and do like Internet/Music/ Anything else on other screen but my graphic s card only has 1 dvi port and 1 hdmi so I want to upgrade my car to something with 2 DVI slots (which alot of cards have).

My question is, What Video Card will be the best for this situation. I have been reading about the Radeon 5870 and the Nvidia 470 and have seen people complaining about FPS issues and im not about to go down that road. :??: 

*Im also willing to upgrade my Power Supply so dont worry, if I have to I will*

So if anyone has any advise and suggestions, Please respond. And if you find a good card, im waiting till Black Friday/ Cyber Monday to buy it.

yeah 5870 is a big increase in fps, but 5770 should be able to run it really well with what u want.
but if u do upgrade ive been trying to upgrade to 5770 and ill buy it off u.
also u can always get a third monitor and run eyefinity
m
l
November 13, 2010 7:26:54 PM

well the 5770 does run it fine but i just want a card with more then 1 dvi slot, this card dosnt
m
l
Related resources
November 18, 2010 3:48:08 PM

I am currently using a PNY GTX 460 and It runs GREAT! I am getting 60fps everywhere but Dalaran. I am averaging 40-50fps in dal on Ultra settings. It has 2 DVI and a hdmi port. Best card I ever owned
m
l
November 18, 2010 4:00:06 PM

Has any1 tested how the 460 performs outside of dal or any other place with a lot of ground clutter with console command set to max manually?
It can be very intense My friend has a a 260 and he goes down to 10 fps in zones with a lot of ground clutter + console settings maxed
m
l
a c 236 U Graphics card
a b Ý World of Warcraft
November 18, 2010 4:21:11 PM

Nubiatem said:
Has any1 tested how the 460 performs outside of dal or any other place with a lot of ground clutter with console command set to max manually?
It can be very intense My friend has a a 260 and he goes down to 10 fps in zones with a lot of ground clutter + console settings maxed

I have a GTX460 and never had an issue in any of the new zones, pvp, or dalaran. its not the ground clutter that will drop your FPS, its the shadows. On max, WoW is shadow crazy, everything has a shadow, even shadows have shadows. By simply settings shadows to medium, FPS will remain more steady. Visually, you won't really notice the difference.
m
l
a c 170 U Graphics card
a b Ý World of Warcraft
November 18, 2010 4:24:27 PM

Why don't you get a HDMT to DVI dongle? http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

10 dollar adapter or $150 video card.

Actually after seeing how low the ratings are for the adapters you may want to use a HDMI to DVI cable instead

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

For Nubiatem, the 460 should run WoW on Ultra just fine as long as it's matched to a half-decend system. I have a Dual Core 3gig, 4 gig RAM with a 7900 and it runs fine everywhere on Ultra with 30-60fps.
m
l
!