Advice on Computer build

Zxer0213

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2011
hello, I am preparing to order parts for a new PC build and im just looking to see if anyone has any suggestions to change anything. I have a maximum budget of about $1600. I mainly want this computer to be able to play some upcoming games like The Old republic and eventually diablo 3. I also want to try and do some overclocking.

Here is what i was looking at so far:

Thermaltake Armor A90 Gaming Mid-Tower Chassis
ASUS P8P67 PRO LGA 1155 Intel P67 motherboard
CORSAIR DOMINATOR GT 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-650HX 650W power supply
Intel Core i5-2500K processor
CORSAIR Hydro H70
Crucial RealSSD C300 2.5" 128GB SSD
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb HD

I currently have a HD5850 that i bought a few months ago to put in my current computer to use in this one. would it be worth the price to buy a second card for crossfire?

Thank you.

Solution
Looks like you got some nice parts selected and your build should go very smooth.

Liked your choice on the Corsair Hydro H70 so you should have no problem with memory heatsink clearance issues.

Some things I can comment on your build is if you are going to get another vid card to crossfire ..even at alter time ..you may just want to up that PSU to 750W++ for a bit more headroom especially if you going to OC [you have a self=contained H2O-cooler]
expect to pay more $$ for modular. so your choice

another thing if you are going to crossfire you might as well take advantage of getting and using a screen bigger than 24"

solid build ...the way it is
just a thought or 2

Hastibe

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
Not familiar enough with your parts to comment on the build, but for a moment there, I read that you were getting a 6TB HD, and my mind was being blown. :wahoo:

8GB of memory might be overkill. I would suggest going with 4GB for now and upgrade later if needed.

Water cooling adds to the "cool factor", but thats about it unless you are doing SERIOUS overclocking. Stick with air cooling (Hyper 212).

Other than that you are looking good! Stick with the single HD 5850 until you find a second is needed.

rrplay

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2010
Looks like you got some nice parts selected and your build should go very smooth.

Liked your choice on the Corsair Hydro H70 so you should have no problem with memory heatsink clearance issues.

Some things I can comment on your build is if you are going to get another vid card to crossfire ..even at alter time ..you may just want to up that PSU to 750W++ for a bit more headroom especially if you going to OC [you have a self=contained H2O-cooler]
expect to pay more $$ for modular. so your choice

another thing if you are going to crossfire you might as well take advantage of getting and using a screen bigger than 24"

solid build ...the way it is
just a thought or 2

Solution