ASUS P8P67 PRO (REV 3.1) - Is it a good board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamor

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
I want to jump on the ASUS P8P67 PRO (REV 3.1),

because it is $159 ($139) AMR and I don't need Z68.

Fits my bill.. Just enough VRM, usb 3.0 front and back, good cooling, and great features/ports.

My only concern is the newegg reviews are riddled with horror stories and the 1 star-reviews add up to almost 20% of the reviews.

Are the reviews user error and bad drivers?

I'd like to get it if it's a board that holds up.

Solution
you will notice even the greatest motherboards in history get ripped on newegg. sometimes boards are just doa or problematic. some of it is people thinking they are 3l33t builders but are clueless on how to even handle the hardware, and they leave bad reviews. this is probably one of the best boards for a 2500k right now for the money, you want to make sure you update the bios immediately though once you receive it, to the latest bios i think its 2001.

Frizzo

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
you will notice even the greatest motherboards in history get ripped on newegg. sometimes boards are just doa or problematic. some of it is people thinking they are 3l33t builders but are clueless on how to even handle the hardware, and they leave bad reviews. this is probably one of the best boards for a 2500k right now for the money, you want to make sure you update the bios immediately though once you receive it, to the latest bios i think its 2001.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.