Tags:
  • Asus
  • BIOS
  • USB Stick
  • Boot
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
December 14, 2011 2:25:03 AM

Tring to boot from my usb stick in order to flash my card's bios. USB is fine and perfectly bootable as I've tried it on a laptop and it boots just fine.

I've noticed when I plug the USB stick in the BIOS reads 'UFI: SMI USB stick'. I've changed that entry to priority 1 and no-go. Went into advanced tab in the UEFI BIOS and categorized it as HDD. Went back to boot menu and now it just reads 'SMI USB Stick. Changed that to priority 1, still no go. Disabled all other boot devices in which case it gives me a blank screen asking me to insert a boot device.

Help please.

More about : p8z68 pro gen boot usb

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 87 V Motherboard
December 14, 2011 8:42:56 AM

Have you tried using a decent USB drive?? Something that is more recognized like a Transcend or Kingston drive?
Try that.
m
l
March 4, 2012 9:33:54 PM

Here's the trick.... I had this same problem when i just installed my new Asus P8Z68 V Pro /Gen3. Make sure you're not booting in the (red) or (blue 3.0) usb ports. Took me one or two tries to figure this out... fails a windows install since the drivers aren't loaded... Hope this helps
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 329 V Motherboard
March 4, 2012 10:34:21 PM

OJ77 said:
Tring to boot from my usb stick in order to flash my card's bios. USB is fine and perfectly bootable as I've tried it on a laptop and it boots just fine.

I've noticed when I plug the USB stick in the BIOS reads 'UFI: SMI USB stick'. I've changed that entry to priority 1 and no-go. Went into advanced tab in the UEFI BIOS and categorized it as HDD. Went back to boot menu and now it just reads 'SMI USB Stick. Changed that to priority 1, still no go. Disabled all other boot devices in which case it gives me a blank screen asking me to insert a boot device.

Help please.

Make sure the Legacy USB support is on.

And don't use the USB3 ports, they will not work as imadimwit pointed out.
m
l
!