Sign in with
Your question

What PSU works for my computer? How to determine?

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Computers
  • Components
Last response: in Components
April 8, 2011 5:14:01 PM

Hey folks,

I'm at a loss here, and I know you guys are great for help-because you've helped me a lot before. I recently bought a new pc-an HP pavilion Elite 500z.

Can someone please assist me as to what PSU I should buy to upgrade? I really only want a single card so the max PSU I need is around 400 watts (correct me if I'm wrong). I would like to future proof it so I was looking at 500watts or so. I'd like to keep my budget as low as possible-so I don't want to spend anymore than I have to on a PSU but also want to make sure its not of poor quality.

I'm not sure what PSU is appropriate to purchase for this computer-how do I know its the right size? I how do I know it has the right connectors for gaming and my motherboard?

I know you will need more information, but can you please inform me what additional info you need? I can take pics and message it to you of my computer motherboard, and/or send you a link of the pc guide from HP.

Please help.

And, as always,

Thank you!

More about : psu works computer determine

April 8, 2011 7:58:00 PM

Well, I thought my above post was the full system specs for the PSU? Here is the link to the motherboard etc:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01......

This is the specific set up of my pc. I want to make sure that the PSU i buy will be the right size and have the right connectors and pins, yet I don't know what to look for when purchasing. I was hoping you could look at it based on that linK?

Thanks.
m
l
!