Solution
A HTPC case generally looks more like a large audio component like a large amplifier or receiver than an actual PC case. At least the ones I've looked at.

Other things would be a possible remote control, maybe a small mono LCD display that can show some system info. More expensive HTPC ($500+) cases have a small 6" or 7" 800 x 600 resolution display that can be used to display lots of information and can be used while installing Windows so you don't need to connection a monitor. Some of them may be touch screens as well.

It's all about aesthetics. It still operates as a PC.

My HTPC was built around the SilverStone Crown CW02B case back in 2008 and it currently sells for around $375...
A HTPC case generally looks more like a large audio component like a large amplifier or receiver than an actual PC case. At least the ones I've looked at.

Other things would be a possible remote control, maybe a small mono LCD display that can show some system info. More expensive HTPC ($500+) cases have a small 6" or 7" 800 x 600 resolution display that can be used to display lots of information and can be used while installing Windows so you don't need to connection a monitor. Some of them may be touch screens as well.

It's all about aesthetics. It still operates as a PC.

My HTPC was built around the SilverStone Crown CW02B case back in 2008 and it currently sells for around $375.

11-163-084-03.jpg

This is an example of a HTPC with a built in color LCD display if you really wanna spend a lot of money. That's the SilverStone Crown CW03B and the screen is 1920 x 1080 resolution.

Crown-big.jpg

Solution
Part of the reason why I bought the SilverStone Crown CW02B is because I did not want my HTPC to look a regular computer.

All of my friends simply thought it was just a large DVD jukebox player the first few times they visited me. It wasn't until I actually turned it on that they realized it was a computer.

Mission accomplished.

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished

Thanks! but i do need to know.Can it operate like any normal pc?Getting a bit bored with the old pc cases i have lying around.Thanks again.

Yes. It's just a case after all. For now I simply have an evaluation version of Win 7 installed to make sure Win 7 is fine with some programs that's on my primary PC before I switch over from Win XP to Win 7.

I am considering a HTPC front end that acts like a media center that's used to browse thru movies and music stored on the HTPC. And of course play those media. XBMC is just one of many examples.

http://xbmc.org/about/

There's also MediaPortal that I will probably look into.

http://www.team-mediaportal.com/

^I'm quite partial to Media Browser myself. XBMC has a lot of 'bling', but it's critical flaw for me is that it lumps all similar media (movies, for example) into a single menu item.

Haven't tried MediaPortal in years, it used to be a pain to set up. May be different now days though...