PCC2 PROBLEM

I was trying to use the PCC2 in my machine and when it starts i have
this message;

=== Initializing GUI... ===
Video driver: directx (256381k, wm, hw, hw->hw, sw->hw, fill)
0 fonts loaded
Error during initialisation: Too few fonts available, need at least 4

Anyone of you know how fix it or what i am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance
Alex
7 answers Last reply
More about pcc2 problem
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    I solve the first problem using the instalation program of the PCRV2

    Yes, my machine can work with PCC 1.X, i really like it but PCCII
    graphics are MUCH better, even better than the winplanets, VCR en PCII
    are great, i am current triying to use PCC 1 and 2 at the same time.

    I have some problems in other relevant aspects of PCCII, one of then is
    the graphics in tyhe starbase and planet windows, it simply doesnt work
    for me, i mean i canot see the pictures of the planet, mines,
    factories, defenses or starbases, i put the res-cfg file just as you
    say in the quickstart but nothing happens, anyway i see in your webpage
    some pictires of the VCR but my VCR ships are not like the ones you
    show in the webpage, i did something wrong?.

    Other pictures i canot see is the starbases pictures of the hulls,
    ammmo, engines and that stuff to huild ships

    Thanks again
    Alex

    PD: Scuse me my poor english but my natal tongue is spanish
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    Alex wrote:
    > I was trying to use the PCC2 in my machine and when it starts i have
    > this message;
    >
    > === Initializing GUI... ===
    > Video driver: directx (256381k, wm, hw, hw->hw, sw->hw, fill)
    > 0 fonts loaded
    > Error during initialisation: Too few fonts available, need at least 4

    It means you did not install it properly. Inside the folder containing
    "pcc-v2.exe", there should be a subfolder "resource" containing
    "font1.fnt" up to "font4.fnt". One cause for this problem is that you
    unpacked it without restoring the directory structure (you're not the
    first with this problem, but the first one finally sent me a mail that
    he solved the problem, but didn't tell me how he did so).

    However, I would currently not recommend PCC II for day use.
    Unfortunately, the public version has at least one serious bug (ammo
    building on starbases does not work). And otherwise, it is not the most
    comfortable thing. I would try PCC 1.x if your machine understands that.

    Stefan
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    where i can get that improved version?

    Thanks
    Alex
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    Alex wrote:
    > I have some problems in other relevant aspects of PCCII, one of then is
    > the graphics in tyhe starbase and planet windows, it simply doesnt work
    > for me, i mean i canot see the pictures of the planet, mines,
    > factories, defenses or starbases,

    Maybe this is simply missing. PCC II is very incomplet. It seems, mines
    and planets are simply missing.

    > i put the res-cfg file just as you
    > say in the quickstart but nothing happens, anyway i see in your webpage
    > some pictires of the VCR but my VCR ships are not like the ones you
    > show in the webpage, i did something wrong?.

    To get the VCR pictures, you need a wpvcr.dll file, like that from
    Donovan's Winplan section (that's the one I use). You need a line such
    as "wpvcr:c:\winplan\wpvcr.dll" in cc-res.cfg.

    > Other pictures i canot see is the starbases pictures of the hulls,
    > ammmo, engines and that stuff to huild ships

    Those are probably missing.

    The current public release is old. My working version has already
    improved a lot, and management of pictures was one area which improved
    vastly. I hope to get out a new version soon. (Currently, I struggle to
    get a new version out of the program which my boss pays my salary for :-)

    Stefan
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    Yes, i download it from that page and images doesnt seem, i mean, i
    just download all the donovans images in 800x600, uncompress it and
    save then in the BMP directory that PCCV2 looks, some pictures dont
    stretch to the screen, others simply doesnt seem, in the planets
    screen i canot see the planets images, or the mines images, resorurces
    etc, in a starbase i canot see the starbase images and the hulls images
    or engines or nothing. my quiestion is: I DID SOMENTHING WRONG? or that
    is one of the bugs of this beta version?

    I ask you "where" i can get the improved version because you say in the
    tread that you allready have another version who fix some images
    troubles, now i think i understand that you dont publish that version
    yet, but PLEASE when you publish another version please keep in
    contact, becasuse your clients are the best things in the VGAP games
    and if they can use coreectly the donovans images it will be 200 times
    better than winplan itself

    Best regards
    Alex
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    Alex wrote:
    > where i can get that improved version?

    If that is a serious question: <http://phost.de/~stefan/pcc2.html>.

    But the "where" has never been a problem. The big unknown is the "when".
    I do not even know yet which compiler I will use for the next release.
    Today, I spent half an afternoon trying to get Borland C++ compile the
    thing. After half a dozen workarounds for compiler bugs and finally a
    library patch, I got it to compile again, and it even works somehow. But
    I'm not exactly happy about that.

    (Just to be sure: there is *not* yet an updated PCC II / PlayVCR that
    can be downloaded anywhere.)

    Stefan

    --
    Hamburg con participants: the reason why the Windows FLAK viewer did not
    work is the bug from <2c7de420.0304170436.3df9aa51@posting.google.com>.

    Alex wrote:
    > I ask you "where" i can get the improved version because you say in the
    > tread that you allready have another version who fix some images
    > troubles,

    Yes, but I also said (well, maybe not too clear), that that version is
    not yet released. However, this evening I got quite some steps closer, I
    think. But tomorrow I'll be visiting an aunt for her 90th birthday, so
    I guess I will not be programming tomorrow :)

    > yet, but PLEASE when you publish another version please keep in
    > contact,

    I will announce it in this newsgroup, promised.

    Stefan

Video Games