Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Hp 375 Vs Epson Picture Mate Carry Round.

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
Anonymous
a b α HP
January 27, 2005 5:33:29 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

hi i wanting past a email here to see if anyone can kind help me on what
4 by 6 photo printer be best for me get you see.i wanting get one so i
can carry round with me print out some pic when i go place and thing not
sure what model here be best you think.there so many diff model .i just
did not know just be cheaper just go to wal mart have my pic made there
or what.thank you for help.David
Anonymous
a b α HP
January 27, 2005 8:57:21 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"david kelly" <davidakelly@webtv.net> wrote in message
news:22192-41F89949-126@storefull-3153.bay.webtv.net...
> hi i wanting past a email here to see if anyone can kind help me on what
> 4 by 6 photo printer be best for me get you see.i wanting get one so i
> can carry round with me print out some pic when i go place and thing not
> sure what model here be best you think.there so many diff model .i just
> did not know just be cheaper just go to wal mart have my pic made there
> or what.thank you for help.David
>


I got my parents a picture mate for christmas and they love it.....great
pics and very portable, has a carry handle and also has a car adapter so you
can just plug it in your lighter. Havent had any experience with the HP.

Mike
Anonymous
a b α HP
January 27, 2005 10:08:34 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

rwesurfn wrote:
> "david kelly" <davidakelly@webtv.net> wrote in message
> news:22192-41F89949-126@storefull-3153.bay.webtv.net...
>
>>hi i wanting past a email here to see if anyone can kind help me on what
>>4 by 6 photo printer be best for me get you see.i wanting get one so i
>>can carry round with me print out some pic when i go place and thing not
>>sure what model here be best you think.there so many diff model .i just
>>did not know just be cheaper just go to wal mart have my pic made there
>>or what.thank you for help.David
>>
>
>
>
> I got my parents a picture mate for christmas and they love it.....great
> pics and very portable, has a carry handle and also has a car adapter so you
> can just plug it in your lighter. Havent had any experience with the HP.
>
> Mike
>
>
Kodak is coming out with a photo printer (4x6) that will allow docking
of Kodak, Olympus, Canon, Nikon, and three other common camera types,
and print using thermal transfer technology. Imagine 7 camera companies
cooperating that way!


--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
a b α HP
January 27, 2005 11:39:29 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

davidakelly@webtv.net (david kelly) writes:

> hi i wanting past a email here to see if anyone can kind help me on what
> 4 by 6 photo printer be best for me get you see.i wanting get one so i
> can carry round with me print out some pic when i go place and thing not
> sure what model here be best you think.there so many diff model .i just
> did not know just be cheaper just go to wal mart have my pic made there
> or what.thank you for help.David

If you want true portability, the HP wins since you can put in a battery (or
buy the 375B which has the battery included). I've used it on mine, and it was
handy not having to find a power cord. HP claims you can do up to 75 pictures
on one charge, but I haven't used it that much.

The HP unit uses a standard HP ink cartridge, and regular paper which might or
might not mean it is easier to get supplies for the HP printer down the road
after HP/Epson go on to new models, while I believe the Epson requires a
dedicated ink and paper pack. On the Epson side, the prints are more water
resistant, and probably last longer than the HP, depending on the paper used in
the HP.

I haven't looked at the output of the Epson, since it didn't have a battery.
Finally, I know the HP works on my Linux system, but I'm not sure the Epson
works.

In terms of cost, you might be better going with printing pictures
commercially. What these printers offer is immediate gratification, not low
cost per print.

--
Michael Meissner
email: mrmnews@the-meissners.org
http://www.the-meissners.org
Anonymous
a b α HP
January 27, 2005 11:44:29 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Ron Hunter <rphunter@charter.net> writes:

> rwesurfn wrote:
> > "david kelly" <davidakelly@webtv.net> wrote in message
> > news:22192-41F89949-126@storefull-3153.bay.webtv.net...
> >
> >>hi i wanting past a email here to see if anyone can kind help me on what 4
> >>by 6 photo printer be best for me get you see.i wanting get one so i can
> >>carry round with me print out some pic when i go place and thing not sure
> >>what model here be best you think.there so many diff model .i just did not
> >>know just be cheaper just go to wal mart have my pic made there or
> >>what.thank you for help.David
> >>
> > I got my parents a picture mate for christmas and they love it.....great
> > pics and very portable, has a carry handle and also has a car adapter so
> > you can just plug it in your lighter. Havent had any experience with the
> > HP. Mike
> Kodak is coming out with a photo printer (4x6) that will allow docking of
> Kodak, Olympus, Canon, Nikon, and three other common camera types, and print
> using thermal transfer technology. Imagine 7 camera companies cooperating
> that way!

Ummm, I believe both the HP and Epson already do this. It is called
PictBridge, and many of the new cameras support it. Even if they didn't, the
Epson and the HP 375/375B allow you to put in your media card and select which
pictures to make. In addition, if your camera acts like a removable disk when
plugged in (USB mass storage), the HP 375/375B will be able to read the images
from the camera, and you can select the images to print on the LCD, even if the
camera doesn't support PictBridge.

--
Michael Meissner
email: mrmnews@the-meissners.org
http://www.the-meissners.org
January 27, 2005 10:59:09 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

I use the H-P 375B battery model. It has a nice LCD screen, nice built-in software,
and makes good 4 x 6" prints. Being a 3-color system, the blacks are a little weak,
as compared with my 8-color H-P 7960 printer; but the prints are still good. The
element of printing out immediately, by slipping my CF card into the 375B,
surprises people the way that instant Polaroid prints did in 1948. Also, you can
see your errors right away and re-shoot in the field. The 375B in its carry case is
still small enough and light enough to carry around easily.
Morton

Michael Meissner wrote:

> Ron Hunter <rphunter@charter.net> writes:
>
> > rwesurfn wrote:
> > > "david kelly" <davidakelly@webtv.net> wrote in message
> > > news:22192-41F89949-126@storefull-3153.bay.webtv.net...
> > >
> > >>hi i wanting past a email here to see if anyone can kind help me on what 4
> > >>by 6 photo printer be best for me get you see.i wanting get one so i can
> > >>carry round with me print out some pic when i go place and thing not sure
> > >>what model here be best you think.there so many diff model .i just did not
> > >>know just be cheaper just go to wal mart have my pic made there or
> > >>what.thank you for help.David
> > >>
> > > I got my parents a picture mate for christmas and they love it.....great
> > > pics and very portable, has a carry handle and also has a car adapter so
> > > you can just plug it in your lighter. Havent had any experience with the
> > > HP. Mike
> > Kodak is coming out with a photo printer (4x6) that will allow docking of
> > Kodak, Olympus, Canon, Nikon, and three other common camera types, and print
> > using thermal transfer technology. Imagine 7 camera companies cooperating
> > that way!
>
> Ummm, I believe both the HP and Epson already do this. It is called
> PictBridge, and many of the new cameras support it. Even if they didn't, the
> Epson and the HP 375/375B allow you to put in your media card and select which
> pictures to make. In addition, if your camera acts like a removable disk when
> plugged in (USB mass storage), the HP 375/375B will be able to read the images
> from the camera, and you can select the images to print on the LCD, even if the
> camera doesn't support PictBridge.
>
> --
> Michael Meissner
> email: mrmnews@the-meissners.org
> http://www.the-meissners.org
Anonymous
a b α HP
January 29, 2005 11:18:44 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

mort <mort@cloud9.net> writes:

> I use the H-P 375B battery model. It has a nice LCD screen, nice built-in
> software, and makes good 4 x 6" prints. Being a 3-color system, the blacks
> are a little weak, as compared with my 8-color H-P 7960 printer; but the
> prints are still good. The element of printing out immediately, by slipping
> my CF card into the 375B, surprises people the way that instant Polaroid
> prints did in 1948. Also, you can see your errors right away and re-shoot in
> the field. The 375B in its carry case is still small enough and light enough
> to carry around easily.

Yep. I took my unit when I photographed the church christmas pageant, and was
able to provide a few photos for the people afterwards. I got lots of ouhhhs
and ahhhs about the printer. I find the LCD to have a fairly narrow angle of
view where you can see the colors correctly.

--
Michael Meissner
email: mrmnews@the-meissners.org
http://www.the-meissners.org
!