Last response: in CPUs
April 8, 2011 7:35:33 PM

I am running my corsair dominator 6 GB RAM at 1600GHZ at 8-8-8-24

This ram is intended for triple channel motherboards for INtel icore processors

But my motherboard is dual channel and Processor is AMD
and i m using 3 of them in it.

Till now it has given no problem

So my question is will it work as it was intended for in my case
and will it give problems on future and will run on very low performance or something like that.

My configuration is
AMD Phenom 2 x6 1090T
Zotac Nvidia GTX 470
Asus M4A88TDV-EVO/USB3
Corsair Dominator 6GB RAM(1600MHZ at 8-8-8-24)
1TB seagate 7200rpm
Cooler Master HAF 932
Cooler Master GX 750W
a b à CPUs
April 8, 2011 9:02:50 PM

If you evenly pair DDR3 memory on an AMD platform it will run in dual channel mode. Using 3 sticks I believe will cause it to run in single channel.

You can use CPU-Z and it should tell you what mode your memory is running at.
m
l
April 8, 2011 9:34:28 PM

Cpuz in memory tab shows dual channel

Also i want to know that
if i use 2 chips instead of 3 will performance remains the same

since it is using dual channel and 1 may be single channel
or adding extra 1 of triple into dual add some performance in size only....
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
April 8, 2011 9:57:41 PM

After your question I looked around the net for answers and there is a lot of conflicting information regarding 3 sticks of DDR and dual channel. The general consensus seems to be that your 2X2G will run on dual channel while your 3rd stick will run in single channel mode.

Personally I would remove the third stick and check performance. If you notice a difference using less memory you could always grab a 4th stick to insure dual channel with all sticks.
m
l
a c 118 à CPUs
April 8, 2011 10:24:38 PM

you can run all 3 sticks fine. the memory managment controler will set dual channel mode for 2 sticks and single channel for the last. 1 of the benefits of the amd mmu.
it auto detects the most efficient solution. you may even be able to get another stick and have all 4 sticks running dual channel, but that is up to your motherboard and if it will allow it. some will only allow dual channel on the first 2 sticks only, and will switch to single channel mode for all 4 if 4 sticks are used or if they go above the cpu's maximum rated ram speed. (the intel i7 does the same if you use ram faster than 1333)
m
l
!