Antec Kuhler H20 Overheating!

Rob951

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2011
Hello everyone,

I recently installed an Antec Kuhler H20 for MSI's P67A-GD65 motherboard. When I check the temps in BIOS it says my CPU is at 96 degrees! The PC then turns off after a few minutes. When I touch the Antec pump (attaches to CPU), the small metal round plate is extremely hot.

I called Antec and they told me to disable the Cool N Quiet feature in the BIOS. I've looked everywhere and I can't find this feature. Does anyone know where it is in MSI's Click Bios?

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
Your cooler isn't seated properly or the thermal paste has been messed up.

Take the cooler off, clean the thermal paste off, apply a new blob (you'll have to buy some) and check it's all mounted properly.

Also make sure the pump is actually plugged in and running at full power - if you've got it attached to a fan header on your board, make sure fan speed is set to full in the BIOS for that header, otherwise the pump won't be getting enough power and won't run.

bdcrlsn

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Cool N Quiet is an AMD technology. They probably meant SpeedStep, which is what Intel calls it. I also don't know why they'd tell you to disable it. SpeedStep/Cool N Quiet downclock a CPU during idle to reduce temperatures.

TRENDING THREADS