Sign in with
Your question

What can i play with my geforce gt220?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 14, 2010 5:14:23 AM

i have a pentium d 820 2.8ghz and a Asus geforce gt 220 1gb ddr3
what game can i play???i mean on medium and low spec...
and is my processor bottlenecking my GPU performance??
if so, what upgrade should i do??(i just brought this gpu....i just wan to upgrade my CPU)

More about : play geforce gt220

a b U Graphics card
November 14, 2010 8:38:24 AM

The GT220 should be able to play games like L4D2 on high. Crysis on low-med and GTA4 on low. It kinda' depends on what size monitor you're playing on though..

If you wanted to upgrade your CPU I would suggest looking at the Intel i3 CPU's, though I would assume that would require a motherboard change.

If you're not looking to upgrade your motherboard as well, tell me what your board is and I'll see what options you have.
m
l
a c 214 U Graphics card
November 14, 2010 8:50:37 AM

Just list the games you want to play, and we can tell you at what settings you can play them on, and what kinda FPS you would be getting.
m
l
Related resources
November 19, 2010 12:01:50 PM

i planning to play COD black ops soon...and of course newer games...
but...
im now playing bad company 2, and i hardly can reach 30 fps even on ,lowest settings....

my mobo is ASUS p5kpl-am which onli supports up to core 2 quad....and 4 gigs of ram....currently im using 2 gigs of ram

my screen is SAMSUNG SYNCMASTER 17 inch and its resolutions is onli up to 1280 x1024
m
l
a c 214 U Graphics card
November 19, 2010 9:27:33 PM

If your motherboard says it can upgrade to a core 2 quad i would do that.
I would say it's mostly your CPU thats hurting you FPS wise.I have a card similar to yours the Radeon 5570 and i play L4D2 maxd out 60+FPS.As for CoD Black ops i can max out everything and run that too.I have problems with BFBC2 just like you but thats a GPU problem for me.I have a Phenom x4 965.With an upgrade to a quad core you should see way betteer results in FPS but if you want to play some more demanding games then you will ahve to think about getting a new GPU.
I'm reccomended that you get a new CPU,the Core 2 Quad.
m
l
November 19, 2010 9:36:05 PM

if i changed to core to quad, is it future proof enough??

i mean if i changed this chip, im not going to changed the chip in 3-4 years and im using it to play demanding games, can i???
m
l
a c 214 U Graphics card
November 19, 2010 9:39:33 PM

only the newest games "reccomened" having a quad core.In a few years it will be "minimum" to have a quad core.So yeah it should last a couple years.I would think about upgrading your GPU sometime in the future though,with a quad core the GPU should be the only thing you have to upgrade to keep up-to-date on upcoming games.
m
l
!