60gb ssd only showing 30gb avail

mlwalrus

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011
Hi all,
I recently bought a new laptop with a 60gb ssd drive from toshiba. Under the Intel Rapid Storage Technology app, it shows the full 60gb, however under my computer it only shows just under 30gb. I have hidden files shown, and nothing is showing, so Im perplexed, seems to be missing 30gb, half the drive.
Any help is appreciated!

Tonkyboy

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2002
How is the drive formatted ? If you have it formatted FAT32, it will only Format 30 Gb (approx), you'll need to resize the partition after formatting. If you're formatted using NTFS, then you should be able to resize the partition.
If you're using Win 7 this should be straight forward from the management console, if not download Partition Magic or some other file system software.

Sorry about multiple posts !!!

mlwalrus

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011
Its NTFS, and I THINK that Lenovo installed the one touch restore partition on it, that might be where the other 30gb is, but its not showing on the my computer interface, not sure where to look to see for sure. It shows 30gb total space (SWTOR is currently downloading and will take up most of it), so maybe 10 remaining... big slow download.

OK, can u go to control panel >> Computer management >> Disk management

Can u post a screenshot of that drive? It looks like that.
Disk%20Management_thumb.png