Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected

winstonsbelljar

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
I've seen a lot of forums where people have the reboot error come up, but it seems it happens to everyone else when they're trying to start their computer whereas it happened to me when my computer was already on and running.

A friend helped me build my monster gaming computer with windows 7 a few months ago, and everything has been working perfectly, until yesterday. My computer was on, and streaming netflix, when the movie basically froze and went to the reboot error screen. I restarted my computer but it wouldn't let me get past that screen, so I unplugged my computer for 10 seconds, and then restarted it and then everything started up fine and I just started streaming my movie again, until about an hour later the error happened again. I went through the same process and then computer worked for about 4 hours and then went to the error screen.

I checked to make sure that all the cables and drives were firmly plugged in, and I cleared all the dust clogging my fans in case it was an overheating problem. No luck. I haven't installed any new hardware on to my computer since it was put together a while ago, the only thing I did was, over the weekend I unistalled my game age of conan and then reinstalled it.

jdenova007

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
Sounds like it is having a hard time detecting the Hard Drive... run a diagnostic test on your Hard Drive and memory... guessing your Hard Drive is dying... also, what are your specs... could be a power supply issue/mobo issue..

winstonsbelljar

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
The power supply is good. I have windows on its own ocz agility sata II ssd I got from newegg in May, and I think you're right that it's the hard drive, because it looks like people have been editing their reviews to say their ssd died after a few months. :(
Mobo is MSI ps7a-c43 Intel 6 gb, I guess I'll check for a new bios for that, and firmware for the ssd... but it's not looking good.