Window 7 monitor 1920x1080 resolution fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackinthebox

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011
my LG w2243s worked fine on my computer before i upgraded to windows 7 from XP proffessional. now it doesn't recognise it. and wont let me adjust the resolution to the monitors settings, i tried updating the driver, but was told i already have the best driver available. my monitor is not listed in DEVICE MANAGER and when i download the driver from LG, it does nothing when i click it... can you help please, before i shoot myself...
regards, Andy

mackinthebox

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011
thank you for your reply... i can't find the software and driver fo my card. my computer says it's a standard vga graphics. but it is a pny/nvidia VCQ4200NVS-PCI card that came with the computer, which was running on XP pro. it was working fine till i upgraded to win 7. since then the monitor and video have been playing up (audio and video are out of sync)... I thought win 7 had all the plug and play stuff built in... when i get a driver from nvidia, the program wont update the driver automatically, because it's thinking i've got a standard vga card...

mackinthebox

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011
thank you for your reply... i can't find the software and driver fo my card. my computer says it's a standard vga graphics. but it is a pny/nvidia VCQ4200NVS-PCI card that came with the computer, which was running on XP pro. it was working fine till i upgraded to win 7. since then the monitor and video have been playing up (audio and video are out of sync)... I thought win 7 had all the plug and play stuff built in... when i get a driver from nvidia, the program wont update the driver automatically, because it's thinking i've got a standard vga card...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS