Closed Solved

Window 7 monitor 1920x1080 resolution fix?

my LG w2243s worked fine on my computer before i upgraded to windows 7 from XP proffessional. now it doesn't recognise it. and wont let me adjust the resolution to the monitors settings, i tried updating the driver, but was told i already have the best driver available. my monitor is not listed in DEVICE MANAGER and when i download the driver from LG, it does nothing when i click it... can you help please, before i shoot myself...
regards, Andy
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about window monitor 1920x1080 resolution
  1. Best answer
    Did you also install the video graphic adapter driver?
  2. Sounds like you don't install the graphic card driver.
  3. thank you for your reply... i can't find the software and driver fo my card. my computer says it's a standard vga graphics. but it is a pny/nvidia VCQ4200NVS-PCI card that came with the computer, which was running on XP pro. it was working fine till i upgraded to win 7. since then the monitor and video have been playing up (audio and video are out of sync)... I thought win 7 had all the plug and play stuff built in... when i get a driver from nvidia, the program wont update the driver automatically, because it's thinking i've got a standard vga card...
  4. Best answer selected by mackinthebox.
  5. thank you for your reply... i can't find the software and driver fo my card. my computer says it's a standard vga graphics. but it is a pny/nvidia VCQ4200NVS-PCI card that came with the computer, which was running on XP pro. it was working fine till i upgraded to win 7. since then the monitor and video have been playing up (audio and video are out of sync)... I thought win 7 had all the plug and play stuff built in... when i get a driver from nvidia, the program wont update the driver automatically, because it's thinking i've got a standard vga card...
    cumi2k4 said:
    Did you also install the video graphic adapter driver?
  6. This topic has been closed by Nikorr.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers LG Resolution Monitors Windows 7