Yellow exclamation beside device in device manager...

rchapman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2010
I have a yellow exclamation point beside a device listing in device manager. It is beside this specific listing:

System Devices>Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio

When i right click and look at the properties under device status is says:

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

I recently upgraded my video card to a HIS ATI Radeon 4650 1gb and my sstem memory to 1gbDDR400 PC3200 dual channel mode kit.

Also, my pc recently started rebooting upon me shutting it down. It doesn't everytime but atleast 50% of shutdowns it will. When it does it will reboot and I will logon to desktop and choose shutdown again and it will then shutdown.

The pc runs very smooth and flawless other than this reboot thing.

Here are my specs:
AMD Athlon XP2400
ASUS A7NX8 Deluxe
1gb Kingston DDR400 PC3200 Dual Channel Kit
HIS Radeon 4650 1gb AGP8x
WindowsXP Home Edition sp3

alexinnes

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
Has this just appeard on your driver list? It could have been that windows has decided to download a driver that you already have. Usually when there is a little yellow exclamation mark next to it, it means that its not working or no driver there. Try getting the original driver for your audio.

For the computer restarting on shutdown, this seems a little strange. The only thing i can think of is that the power button might be sticking in but again that would not cause the problem. I can't see how the two problems are related. But i have seen stranger things on computers.

rchapman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2010
As far as updates are concerned, i did update to sp3 from sp2. My psu is a 400watt Micro. I replaced the psu about a year and half ago. I googled th reboot thing and on Microsoft forum it said to disable system reboot in the system recovery area. Even if this works I dont feel good about it cause this pc has never had an issue and.now has one and this would only hide a problem..agree? Thanks for replies.