P.S.U for Intel i5 2500k + Z68 Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

developeraslam

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011
I'm planning to buy new P.S.U, as per my little knowledge

i must take care of how many pins required in P.S.U cable as per motherboard.

i will be using intel i5 2500k with compatible p67 or z68 motherboard.

please suggest how to check for compatible P.S.U and type of P.S.U cable ( No. of pins) required.

Solution

TheTech214

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Are you going to sli or crossfire? I do not understand what you mean about pins. If you are going to crossfire and sli then you need at least an 850 watt power supply. If not I think that a 400 or 500 watt would be fine. I would recommend that you get a modular power supply because they are easier to connect cables when you are building the Computer.

developeraslam

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011
What is the diff between a nomal P.S.U and a modular power supply?

and i will not be using SLI or crossfire.

I was asking about P.S.U cable pins because P.S.U cable comes with different no. of pins available on number. so i just want to confirm how can i check which P.S.U do i need for my new Intel i5 2500k + Z68 Motherboard.

if possible please suggest any Good P.S.U with at least 500w and available in india, New Delhi.

One more Thing i want to know that i read somewhere that even if some P.S.U claim to provide 600w but actually they are not providing 600w, there is very imp. role of heat.

It provide 600w but just for few seconds ONLY.

so how can i judge which one is Providing correct and fixed Watt as mentioned at the time of purchase???????????

Thanks

D

Deleted member 217926

Top brands are International. They include Corsair, Seasonic, PC Power and Cooling, Antec, XFX, Silverstone and Enermax. Stick with these brands and you should have no problems. Any modern power supply by these companies will have suitable connectors for your 2500K/Z68 build.

How much are you willing to spend Rs. ?

A PSU choice is influenced by your current system components and any planned future upgrades.. So, if you can give us your entire system specs then we can suggest you few good and compatible PSU's to go for.. Oh yes, we need your maximum budget figure also..

developeraslam

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011
For P.S.U i will spend max Rs. 2500.

if you have diff. brands please mention all with model no.

my system configuration will be:-

intel i5 2500k ( i will be overclocking)

z68 or p67 motherbord.

4gb DDR3 ram

1TB HDD

DVD writer

i will be using Integrated Graphic and i will not install any addon graphic card.

Question No.1:- So what should be my minimum P.S.U Watts. like 450w, 500w, 600w or 350 watts is sufficient?

Question No. 2:- i already have my old IBALL 350W P.S.U with me. if as per mentioned configuration New P.S.U requirement is not fulfulled with 350W, IS IT POSSIBLE TO USE a new 350w P.S.U with my OLD 350W P.S.U ( working fine now ) to power up my P.C like to given power to mytherboard and Processor ( Intel i5 2500k) and use OLD 350w P.S.U to give power to other component like Dvd writer, 1TB HDD, cabinet/ case fans etc.

Thanks.

developeraslam

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011

Reply:-

For P.S.U i will spend max Rs. 2500.

if you have diff. brands please mention all with model no.

my system configuration will be:-

intel i5 2500k ( i will be overclocking)

z68 or p67 motherbord.

4gb DDR3 ram

1TB HDD

DVD writer

i will be using Integrated Graphic and i will not install any addon graphic card.

Question No.1:- So what should be my minimum P.S.U Watts. like 450w, 500w, 600w or 350 watts is sufficient?

Question No. 2:- i already have my old IBALL 350W P.S.U with me. if as per mentioned configuration New P.S.U requirement is not fulfulled with 350W, IS IT POSSIBLE TO USE a new 350w P.S.U with my OLD 350W P.S.U ( working fine now ) to power up my P.C like to given power to mytherboard and Processor ( Intel i5 2500k) and use OLD 350w P.S.U to give power to other component like Dvd writer, 1TB HDD, cabinet/ case fans etc.

Thanks.

developeraslam

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011

Please Ans. this question too

:)

:sarcastic:

Thanks.

D

Deleted member 217926

It is not a good idea but yes it is possible. It can be dangerous if you do it wrong.

Why ? it's very inefficient energy wise and could be troublesome.
I wouldn't do it personally.
Just buy the very good energy efficient unit i linked earlier.

meddyliwr

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2011

if you choose the P67 you will have use an addon graphics card
-H67 = Integrated Graphics AND* / OR addon graphics card
-P67 = only addon graphics card
-Z68 = Integrated Graphics AND* / OR addon graphics card

* the ANDs require LucidLogicx Virtu software

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.