Should I just get this and call it a day for my i5 2500k

Should I reapply the paste on the stock and put it all back together or just order this? I'm not an overclocker or a gamer, but ya never know:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065
9 answers Last reply
More about should call 2500k
  1. I'd definitely recommend it. Keeps my i7 2600K at decent temps @ 4.5 ghz. Make sure it can fit in your case though, and it requires mobo removal
  2. Yeah, I don't mind removing the mobo. My case is the Antec Illusion or basically it's the Antec 300 with some blue LED fans.
  3. Your not an overclocker, but you paid extra for a unlocked cpu and your buying an aftermarket cpu cooler. Am I missing something?

If your not overclocking, the stock fan is fine.
  4. Well like the OP said "Ya never know"
    Why not have the ability to OC in the future
    It will take a while before a 2500k starts to become "slow"
    and by then hopefully he has learned how to OC
  5. geekapproved said:
    Your not an overclocker, but you paid extra for a unlocked cpu and your buying an aftermarket cpu cooler. Am I missing something?

If your not overclocking, the stock fan is fine.

Nope. BUT ... I may try it in the future, that's why I purchased the unlocked CPU for a few extra bucks instead of buying the 2500 and then regretting it later.
  6. Yes it will easily fit in your Antec 300.
  7. You should be able to go for 4Ghz+ on the stock fan just fine, so unless you're really serious about the potential OC thing, sticking with the stock HSF for now isnt a bad idea.
  8. Timop said:
    You should be able to go for 4Ghz+ on the stock fan just fine, so unless you're really serious about the potential OC thing, sticking with the stock HSF for now isnt a bad idea.

thanks I may.
  9. keto6789 said:
    Nope. BUT ... I may try it in the future, that's why I purchased the unlocked CPU for a few extra bucks instead of buying the 2500 and then regretting it later.

Definitely a wise choice but I wouldn't buy an aftermarket heatsink till that day comes. Use the one that you paid for that came with your cpu.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Intel i5