PACT Battle Simulator

ricardo

Hi all

Does anyone has any news on the PACT Battle Simulator? I've been
hearing about it for a very long time but i haven't seen it yet.
Donovan says his working on the docs. How long until finished? Can it
be released without the docs??

Thank you

Ricardo

Ricardo wrote:
> Does anyone has any news on the PACT Battle Simulator? I've been
> hearing about it for a very long time but i haven't seen it yet.

I've seen a beta version, back in 1999 or so.

If I recall correctly, it cannot do anything a current CCBSim cannot do.
Its key feature was that it simulates complete series of fights. CCBSim
got that ability around the same time. One advantage it kept for a while
is that it allowed completely custom ships (such as an MBR with 10
tubes). But CCBSim now also does that.

The remaining advantage is that PACT is a native Windows program.
However, EchoView shares that property as well - and it uses a DLL from
PACT to do the actual simulations. EchoView also shares with the PACT
version I've seen the disadvantage that it cannot display the fight
(i.e. ships moving around and firing torps).

Stefan

On Fri, 20 May 2005 19:53:47 +0200, Stefan Reuther
<stefan.news@arcor.de> wrote:

>I've seen a beta version, back in 1999 or so.
>If I recall correctly, it cannot do anything a current CCBSim cannot do.
It does have that analysis mode where it displays the impact of
weapons agains chosen target.

ricardo

Hi again.

The question still remains. When is it out in the streets?

I would like to have it with or without documentation.

I'm sure we can all put it to work without problems. Besides if
there's a problem that's what the news group is for :)

Ricardo