Graphic and computer speed.

bcblair

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2011
I have a Compaq SR5050NX Pentium D 3.0 GHz System that I bought about 3 years ago to use for HTPC. I put a visiontek Radeon HD 2600 Video card in it. It rocked along for 2 and a half years, then the video started dragging, I clone dual output to anSamsung 23" monitor and my Samsung 46" DLP HDTV. It finaly quit. I bought a Sapphire HD 4550 , but could not get it work either. So I bought an Acer 23" H233H monitor and it worked on the monitor, but wouldn't work on the TV, Sapphire support was zero help. I gave up and threw the Visiontek HD 2699 back in and it seemed to work. So I thought it was the monitor that went bad. However it won't play 1080P, which it did fine in the past. It is just too slow. I downloaded SISoftware Sandra to try and test the speed, but have no idea how to read the results. How can I figure out, what is slowing the system down? Oh, I did switch to Windows 7 Ultra also, but shouldn't my system still be able to run HD? Below are the specs on my computer.

I guess it could be the CPU, memory, motherboard, graphics card. How can I pinpoint it. If I wasn't disabled and trying to get back to work, I would just buy a new system.

Here are my specs

300 Watt Power Supply

Windows 7 Ultimate

Features/Specifications:

Compaq SR5050NX Pentium D 3.0 GHz System
General Features:
Intel Pentium D 925 3.0 GHz processor
2 GB RAM installed (supports up to 4 GB PC2-4200)
250 GB SATA hard disk drive
16x DVD±RW drive with LightScribe
Sapphire HD 4559 512mb ddr2 pci-e fanless
Realtek ALC 888 chipset integrated High Definition audio
Integrated 10/100 Base-T Ethernet adapter
56K data/fax PCI modem
Built-in memory card reader/writer

Card Reader Support:
Compact Flash I
Compact Flash II
IBM Microdrive
Secure Digital (SD)
mini-SD
MultiMediaCard (MMC)
Reduced size MultiMediaCard (RS-MMC)
MultiMediaCard Plus (MMC plus)
MultiMediaCard Mobile (MMC mobile)
Memory Stick
Memory Stick Pro
Memory Stick Duo
Memory Stick Pro Duo
SmartMedia
xD Picture Card

Motherboard Features:
One (1) PCI Express x 16 slot
Three (3) PCI slots (one occupied)

Front I/O Ports:
Two (2) USB 2.0 ports
Line-in jack
Microphone jack
Headphone jack

Rear I/O Ports:
One (1) 15-pin standard VGA connector
One (1) PS/2 mouse port
One (1) PS/2 keyboard port
Four (4) USB 2.0 ports
One (1) IEEE 1394 6-pin FireWire port
One (1) RJ-45 Ethernet jack
One (1) RJ-11 phone jack
One (1) SPDIF out (coaxial)
One (1) 3.5 mm line-in jack
One (1) 3.5 mm line-out jack
One (1) 3.5 mm side speaker out jack
One (1) 3.5 mm rear speaker out jack
One (1) 3.5 mm center/sub speaker out jack
One (1) 3.5 mm microphone jack

Case Features:
Two (2) 5.25-inch external drive bays (one occupied)
Three (3) 3.5-inch internal drive bays (one occupied)

Unit Dimensions:
15 x 6.75 x 17-inches (H x W x D, approximate)

Regulatory Approvals:
FCC

Package Includes:

Compaq SR5050NX Pentium D 3.0 GHz System
Power cord
RJ-11 phone cord
Set up poster

Additional Information:

Product Requirements:
Available power outlet

2011-4-1 [04:40]

Have you try connecting them one at a time to see if they both can show display if they are connected by itself from the card? Just need to isolate and make sure the card does boot fine with single connection to the display.

2011-4-1 [03:51]

Do you have any troubleshooting tips?

2011-4-1 [02:33]

This card is capable of running dual monitor display, you can use any two combination of the output ports it supples to acheive multiple monitor setup.

2011-3-31 [23:02]

Is this system monitored?

2011-3-31 [12:58]

I can't get the card to work with my Acer H233H on DVI and my Samsung HDTV DLP model HL-T4675SX/XXA on HDMI at the same time. I can't get the Acer H233H monitor work on the HDMI either. My card is a SAPPHIRE HD 4550 512MB DDR2 PCI-E FANLESS, but all your site shows is DDR3. I want to run dual monitors with the Acer connected with DVI and my HDTV connected withg the HDMI.

©2010 Sapphire Technology Limited. All rights reserved.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 04 Apr 2011 @ 1:02

popatim

Titan

bcblair

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2011

I'll try to get some screen shots of the CCC setting and post them in a reply. Things don't wline up as good as the software that originally came with the 2600.

I will first go back and uninstall the CCC stuff that came with the Sapphire card and download the software for the HD2600. Then I will get back.

Edit: well I went and uninstalled CCC and it seems to work without even installing it. I was going to install it from Visiontek support for the HD 2600, but it works without CCC. I'll get back, if this falls through.

bcblair

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2011
Well that didn't last long. After 10 minutes it started skipping again. The device manager under monitors shows 2 Generic PnP monitors. I have those disabled. When I try to put Catalyst CC back on. It brings up a Samsung Monitor installer. On it it lists the HD 2600 under display adapter But under select the monitor you want to install it lists my old 23"(923NW) and 20"(2220WM) Samsung syncmasters. It doesn't show the TV or the new Acer H233H monitor.

Is there anything I can do to make it recognize my hardware?

For more info this link is to my computer. Mine just has a different logo.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00877022&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&site=null&lang=en&key=null&product=3377255#N941

bcblair

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2011
I put my Visiontek Card back in and started a post on their website. Here is where it stands.

It seems that it is a CPU problem. The temps may be off, but most monitoring programs don't support my Intel Pentium D 925 with Asus motherboard. Fanspeed showed Temps, but I can't tell where they are from. If anyone knows a monitor that will support my cpu, let me know. One temp reading shows 68C and varies from 56 to 75c. It is worse, when HD is played. I cleaned the cooler(?) under the fan on the motherboard and it is working better. It has a ways to go still.