Sign in with
Your question

Zalman GS1200 with top-mounted horizontal slide-in HDD doc

Last response: in Components
April 9, 2011 8:47:58 PM

Has anyone here done a build with the Zalman GS1200 yet?

http://www.zalman.com/ENG/product/Product_Read.asp?idx=...

I'm interested in it because of the top-mounted HDD dock which means I can keep the case under my desk but still easily slide in my 2TB HDD to rotate back into my safe deposit box to refresh my offsite backup.

And also because it has a front-accessible USB 3 port. I will never buy another case without a front-accessible USB 3, preferably on the top of the case, not the middle, and definitely not the bittom.

I'm planning this as a summer project, which I guess is good because I can't find it available for sale yet --
not on NewEgg
not on Amazon

Thanks Tom's readers.
January 24, 2012 2:49:35 PM

greenthumb said:
Has anyone here done a build with the Zalman GS1200 yet?

http://www.zalman.com/ENG/product/Product_Read.asp?idx=...

I'm interested in it because of the top-mounted HDD dock which means I can keep the case under my desk but still easily slide in my 2TB HDD to rotate back into my safe deposit box to refresh my offsite backup.

And also because it has a front-accessible USB 3 port. I will never buy another case without a front-accessible USB 3, preferably on the top of the case, not the middle, and definitely not the bittom.

I'm planning this as a summer project, which I guess is good because I can't find it available for sale yet --
not on NewEgg
not on Amazon

Thanks Tom's readers.

I bought it a three months ago and its awesome. Its huge. Like i fit my husky in the box that it came in. HUGE. The usb work flawless and the hdd dock is awesome too. even if you had more than one hard drive to clone, like i had, you can use one of the 6 hot swapable trays on the front. SUCH a good case. these are my specs.

Asus p67 pro
i5 overclock to 5hz water cooled
16gb gskill 2100
sli nvidia gtx560 ti oc water cooled
2 2tb 7200rpm sata 3 hd
1 120gb ssd

not sure if its too late.
m
l
March 18, 2012 2:03:24 AM

thepitt said:
I bought it a three months ago and its awesome.
Thanks! I'm just waiting for Ivy Bridge to pull the trigger on this. Any 'gotcha's' during the build?
m
l
!