Express BIOS update on Intel DZ68DB

Good day to everybody!

Yesterday I built my new computer. It has the Intel DZ68DB Motherboard. Everything seems to be fine, there are some issues which I have to make clear though (USB 3.0 not working, BIOS update etc.)

After basic Install of Windows 7 64 bit (no updates or service pack, no Drivers installation even for GPU) I decided to make a BIOS update to the latest 0032 Version from the current 0014, which is the one that DZ68DB comes with.

I found in several threads, and also read in Intel Forums that in general is better to update the BIOS first and then install any drivers, so this is what I wanted to do.

I had downloaded and stored in my second internal HDD, while I still was using my old system, the latest BIOS update version (0032 express method with .exe file via Windows).

I run the .exe file as described in the Intel Video and .pdf instructions for express BIOS update.

The weird thing is, that at the point where I am informed "not to shut down the system for the next 3 minutes" the system restarts as it should but no update process is taking place or being displayed actually. Windows starts normally and I am informed that the "BIOS update was successful". When I enter the BIOS I see that still the old version is installed, the one the motherboard came with (0014).

Why is that happening? Any suggestions? Can this happen because I downloaded the .exe file when I had my old system? Should I download it again now that I have my new rig and retry?

Thank you very much in advance! :)
2 answers Last reply
More about express bios update intel dz68db
  1. Disable any "boot block" or "virus protection" settings in your current bios, and also windows firewall before flashing.
  2. Thank you for replying!Much apprecated! I was aware of the fact that there should not be any firewall enabled but i didn't know that bios settings would affect the bios update. I performed the bios update using the bios recovery option with a usb key from inside the bios (f7 option on boot process).It worked fine. This method seems to be the most unaffected one from other influences (like firewalls or bios settings).
Ask a new question

Read More

Chipsets BIOS Intel Motherboards