Help, i need somebody...

reccy

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2007
Afternoon all,

I have a decent system and i am looking to upgrade it, becuase why not :na: :pt1cable:

My System Specs:

[cpp]Intel Core i7 930 2.80GHz (Bloomfield) (Socket LGA1366) - overclocked to 3.8ghz
Asus P6X58D-E Intel X58 (Socket 1366) DDR3 Motherboard
Geil Black Dragon 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C8 1600MHz Triple Channel
2x SLI'd Asus GeForce GTX 470 1280MB GDDR5
XFX Pro 850W Core Edition PSU[/cpp]

Now, i want to upgrade as much as i can on this CPU and motherboard.

My ideas are to upgrade the following:

[cpp]From SLi to a single GPU (and maybe either keep one for Physx - or get another lower card for this)
More memory - from 6gb to 12gb
SSD HD. I have 5 SATA HDD's and I want to reduce this to 1x SSD, and 2/3 SATA HDD (I have a 1.5tb already, and either improve them by 1.5tb & 1.5tb or 2x 2tb)[/cpp]

My questions are these:

The companies i use (overclockers.co.uk and ebuyer.com) dont have the Geil Black Dragon Ram anymore, as its been discontinued from production, if i were to get say 3x2gb of Corsair/Kingston ram of the same varity DDR3 1600Mhz ram, would these being be compatable or would it be advisable to get 12gb of new ram?

What GPU would be a suitable upgrade from SLI to a single GPU?

Many Thanks for any advise or guidence.

Jamie

reccy

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2007

Many thanks for the reply, but i must state that i think you've mis-understood my request.

I won't be up grading the CPU OR Motherboard at any cost. These will be the basis of the upgrade.

I also want to know if i can mix Corsair/Kingston Ram (same varible's) with Geil to incrase my RAM from 6gb to 12gb, or would i have to buy 12 gb of a certain make through-out.

Again, many thanks for your responce, but its way off the mark.

Jamie