Upgraded from windows 7 64 bit to windows 8 32 bit. Can I remove Program Files x

Hello,

I have recently installed windows 8 32 bit over my windows 7 64 bit OS. Without formatting my PC is there any way I can remove the program files x86 from the computer? I cant help but feel that it's conflicting with certain programs and making things buggy. I.e. All of my old programs I can no longer see in the start menu, only programs I installed after I installed Windows 8. Anyone know a fix to this?
2 answers Last reply
More about upgraded windows windows remove program files
  1. we have the same problem here,but can i ask you how did you install the windows 8 32 bit?coz i tried it on my pc but it doesn't work :(
  2. ZBOMB said:
    Hello,

I have recently installed windows 8 32 bit over my windows 7 64 bit OS. Without formatting my PC is there any way I can remove the program files x86 from the computer? I cant help but feel that it's conflicting with certain programs and making things buggy. I.e. All of my old programs I can no longer see in the start menu, only programs I installed after I installed Windows 8. Anyone know a fix to this?

Program Files X86 is your 32 bit operating system program files so you definitely do not want to remove that from your windows 8 pc that is running 32 bits as then you would not have any programs.

"Program Files" is where your old 64 bit applications are installed.

You might want to read this article: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/32-bit-and-64-bit-Windows-frequently-asked-questions

Just for some background information.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Windows 8