Toshiba A10 RTC lithium battery

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
March 2, 2005 2:40:03 PM

hi

When I power up my spare Satellite A10, it reports "RTC battery is low
or CMOS checksum is inconsistent...."

fwiw, the laptop hasn't been used for 4 months and the main battery has
been removed from it while it was in storage.

The manaul refers to a lithium ion battery.

Can anyone tell me where this battery is located as I wish to replace
it? I've removed all the hatch covers on the underside of the A10 and
cannot see the battery.

bill
March 2, 2005 2:46:49 PM

Silly me, I just read through the manual. It refers to the RTC
battery requiring 8 hour charge time if it is fully discharged.

bill
!