Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Deluxe
Graphics: ASUS GTX570
Sound Card: Asus Asus Xonar Essence ST PCI
Memory: 2x2GB Mushkin Redline CL6 1600Mhz
Cooling: Noctua NH-D14
Power Supply: SeaSonic 850W Gold X-Series
Optical Writer: Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD±RW x24
Speakers: Logitech Z323 2.1
Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 or HD558 or PC350 (haven't decided yet)
Keyboard: Logitech G110
Monitor: Asus LED VE248H 24'' or Samsung BX2335 LED 23'' or Dell U2211H UltraSharp LCD IPS 21.5''
Hard Drive: See Below
Case: See Below
SSD: See Below

now im debating about whether to get an ssd or wait for the new generation to come out

and the other thing im wondering is about a case, im debating about whether to go for the corsair obsidian 700d or the Haf 922, im trying to justify getting the 700d but i cant. i really really like the 700d but its super expensive but i dont like the other cases i have available to me. it comes down to this:

Option 1:
Corsair 700D
2 x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB

Option 2:
HAF922
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
OCZ Vertex 2 90Gb

if i go with option 1, in a couple of months or so, ill get an ssd if the price is right, which in my country, im paying almost 4$ per Gb. I was thinking of waiting till prices are better to warrant it. that and the new ssd's seem to be a hell of a lot faster than the current generation

as far as a mouse goes, i can pick up a Roccat Kone, anyone know anything about it? it looks pretty sick and the reviews are pretty positive about it so i might pick it up if my G7 doesn't cut it for me

any opinions?

Loading to the desktop several seconds quicker, or, launching game levels in 45 seconds vs. 60 seconds is not worth the expense of the SSD currently....in my opinion, of course...

Take the money saved, and get a GTX580 instead.....; opt for the 24" monitor, choose one with 1920x1200 res....

raif89

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
as for skipping the sound card, im not sure, the type of headphones im going for are pretty expensive and need a good source

i listen to classical music and want the best sound possible, onboard sound doesnt come close to the audio quality of a sound card

and i agree that a 570 sli would be sufficient, but maybe downgrading the cpu might be a good idea

any idea about the mouse?

as for the monitor, ill go for the asus 24"

raif89

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
i have a personal preference to the asus boards, as well as they are cheaper here where i live

i believe my ram that i picked out would be better (4GB at cl6 1600mhz)

th noctua cooler is a lot better than the hyper 212+, as well as its not available here,

and personally, i dont see why to not spend the extra money on the better processor, sure it doesnt give me extra gaming performance, but i do often use cs5 and dreamweaver and it can benefit from it, though i might go for the i5 anyway