Sign in with
Your question

2500k build $775 everything ok?

Last response: in Systems
January 14, 2011 7:20:38 PM

i know i need os. upgrading from p4 2.6.

verifying that parts are compatible. 800 was my limit." alt="" class="imgLz frmImg " />

More about : 2500k build 775

January 14, 2011 7:45:48 PM

looks good. you can probbably save a bit by getting the Sea Sonic S12II 520W model, for $59.99.

the model is more that enough to run the 6850 in CROSSFIRE, with its 34amps.
m
l
January 14, 2011 8:06:23 PM

thank you for your reply.

sorry that original post was short. I tried to get it on the forum before i left for work.

currently running on a 6yr old handmedown 2.6ghz Pentium 4, 40gig hd, 8400gs PCI video card on a Dell e177fp monitor(will use till i can get another monitor), 2g RAM

finally convinced the wife to let me get a new comp, as this one is on its last leg, and she hates the jet engine sound every time I play minecraft.

Was originally going to go with AMD, but with the deals on new i5's, i had to try to make one work that will last me a few more years.

i may play GW2, SWTOR, and catch up on all the games I've missed in the last couple years due to the sucky computer.

I hope that this one passes the test with the wife money wise, otherwise i will be back with a new list for amd.

If anyone has anymore suggestions that i can use, i would be appreciable.

was worried about the ram and psu, as well as the video card manufacturer.

m
l
Related resources
January 14, 2011 8:19:46 PM

looks good to me too...

1 suggestion, but not important - RAM is so cheap right now... it's a good time to take advantage and get either 8gb (it'll soon be the recommended amount), or possibly a 1600mhz kit instead of 1333

video card manufacturer is fine
m
l
January 15, 2011 8:01:41 PM

ScrewySqrl said:
looks good. you can probbably save a bit by getting the Sea Sonic S12II 520W model, for $59.99.

the model is more that enough to run the 6850 in CROSSFIRE, with its 34amps.

i will add this psu, and up ram next couple of months.

thank you all. pulling the trigger
m
l
January 21, 2011 4:59:16 PM

well, think i had a misfire. lol

2 probs. I have to wait till next payday at end of month, so hopefully combos are still there.
Also the wife wants it to be quiet and the case may be a little loud from what a couple of friends have said that have used that case (of course she over heard that).

So..... Any recommendations on a case? I prefer not to have a side window, not too big on LEDs. I think i understand that the bigger the fans(200mm) the quieter it is.

i'm not worried about the video card, as supposedly its very quiet.
m
l
January 21, 2011 7:05:16 PM

babuga101010 said:
well, think i had a misfire. lol

2 probs. I have to wait till next payday at end of month, so hopefully combos are still there.
Also the wife wants it to be quiet and the case may be a little loud from what a couple of friends have said that have used that case (of course she over heard that).

So..... Any recommendations on a case? I prefer not to have a side window, not too big on LEDs. I think i understand that the bigger the fans(200mm) the quieter it is.

i'm not worried about the video card, as supposedly its very quiet.

this one's not flashy... great build quality... and Sonata's are known for their quietness too:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
l
!