Solved

Keyboard help

Tags:
  • Keyboards
  • Software
  • Components
Last response: in Components
April 10, 2011 10:59:58 AM

i recently purchased a lycosa for the slim keys. i read about the problems people had with it but i decided to try it anyways. i got the same problems with it, wmp starts randomly and repeatedly and keys stick and keyboard is unresponsive until replugged. i absolutely love the keys though. i uninstalled the software and it fixed the problems. but it leaves me with and 85 dollar keyboard without any features.

so now i have been looking at the x4. i was wondering if anyone who has an x4 has also had a lycosa because i want to know if the keys are as slim as the lycosas. i have not been able to find an x4 to try it out. i tried an x6 at frys so if someone has tried and x4 and x6 it would be nice to know if the keys are the same height on both of them.

i also know i wont mind the texture of the x4. which looks like the shiny texture similar to the keybaord on my dv7 laptop.

any insight would be greatly appreciated :) 

More about : keyboard

April 10, 2011 11:11:41 AM

I think the x4 and x6 are based on the same design so the keys would be the same.

My experience with the x6 is that at some point the memberane under the ketys slipped out of alignment, meaning many keys didn't work, this is a problem that many people experienceed with the x6 and x4.
m
l
April 10, 2011 12:09:20 PM

I have a Lycosa and experienced the same problems.
Random unresponsive keys = could and was any key
Razer is well aware of the problem.
Thumbs up to Razer support who quickly replaced the kb at no charge.
I also have an X4 and it's keys are very similiar but smaller and a slightly altered layout.More compact then the Lycosa.
I like it! been good so far picked it up for $35 a la Shellshocker!
Ultimately my go to kb is a Logi G110.
I like the raised old school keys.
m
l
Related resources
April 10, 2011 12:50:21 PM

I don't have any such problems any more with my Razer Lycosa Mirror keyboard. I think upgrading to the absolute latest drivers should solve all those problems. With the previous driver, I had a non-responsive W key for a day, Winamp going all nuts and not responding to inputs very well. At least I am very happy now after the initial disappointment.
m
l
April 11, 2011 12:23:26 AM

davcon by smaller do you mean the height of the keys? and a4rocks, i installed the latest drivers but it seemed to make the problem only worse. when i uninstalled them completely i had no problems at all.
m
l

Best solution

April 11, 2011 9:11:30 AM

dimatizer said:
davcon by smaller do you mean the height of the keys? and a4rocks, i installed the latest drivers but it seemed to make the problem only worse. when i uninstalled them completely i had no problems at all.

The keys are similiar to the Lycosa(height wise) but the X4 is dimensionally compact.
Thus some of the keys are slightly smaller and the layout has a few changes as opposed to the conventional kb layout.
I like it though it's a good kb if you find it cheap like i did.
April 20, 2011 10:31:09 PM

Best answer selected by dimatizer.
m
l
!