MadCatz900

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010
Just a quick and simple question, what is a processors usage influenced by? Say a program uses 50% cpu at stock settings then you overclock the cpu by 1ghz would that program still use 50% cpu?

Cheers.

Solution
I'm not a programmer but as I understand it for the program not to utilize the processor to the max it has to be coded that way or its waiting. Waiting for a time interval, waiting for data to load, waiting on user, waiting for an event or other trigger...

So if you have a program that fully loaded into ram and that only uses 50% cpu I would have to guess that its coded not to use more (ie - its allowing other programs to get some cpu time) so it will probably still use 50% cpu but finish quicker on the OC'd system.

popatim

Titan
I'm not a programmer but as I understand it for the program not to utilize the processor to the max it has to be coded that way or its waiting. Waiting for a time interval, waiting for data to load, waiting on user, waiting for an event or other trigger...

So if you have a program that fully loaded into ram and that only uses 50% cpu I would have to guess that its coded not to use more (ie - its allowing other programs to get some cpu time) so it will probably still use 50% cpu but finish quicker on the OC'd system.

Solution