Sign in with
Your question
Solved

New build heatsink fan problems need help deciding on what to order...

Tags:
  • Cases
  • Heatsinks
  • New Build
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
April 10, 2011 3:47:47 PM

ok guys i need your help im gonna be building my new rig within the next 2 weeks i have everything im gonna use now im having trouble eciding on a heatsink/fan im just gonna be using my old case now this is it int his link http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

ok now i want to know if this can fit in my case without any case mods i still want to close my side panel this is the one im almost sold on if i can get a straight forward answer this will be my first build so heres what i want http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

now im putting a 1090t in this case so hopefully this heatsink will fit my case and still be able to shut my case normally if this will not could someone please help me find one that i can shut my case n such as u can see i only deal with newegg so post some links to some decent ones that will fit in my case thanks in advance...

More about : build heatsink fan problems deciding order

April 10, 2011 4:00:37 PM

I would recommend that you buy something else.
The SPINQ's design will disrupt your case airflow.
Btw your case will fit any cooler 160mm and under.
m
l
April 10, 2011 5:03:33 PM

2279351,2,638238 said:
I would recommend that you buy something else.
The SPINQ's design will disrupt your case airflow.
Btw your case will fit any cooler 160mm and under.[/quote

could you send me some links of ones i should look at? that would be good for my setup? srry for asking this i guess im a noob at this lol im just worried because im ordering this stuff tomorrow and you are the only one that replyied back to me thanks in advance
m
l
Related resources
April 10, 2011 5:39:54 PM

If you can do without the bling then the CM Hyper 212 plus is the one you should go for -

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1683510306...

It'll keep your CPU temps in check regardless of the amount of overclock you apply on it.. If you have the cash, then you can check out the Corsair H50 and/or the Thermaltake Frio also..
m
l
April 10, 2011 5:48:48 PM

Emperus said:
If you can do without the bling then the CM Hyper 212 plus is the one you should go for -

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1683510306...

It'll keep your CPU temps in check regardless of the amount of overclock you apply on it.. If you have the cash, then you can check out the Corsair H50 and/or the Thermaltake Frio also..

hey what about the cm Hyper N 520 was lookin at this after the first poster said it would disrupt my airflow this one has push and pull and its a little lighter on the wallet haha
m
l

Best solution

April 10, 2011 6:03:45 PM

IMO, the Hyper 212+ is a better cooler and as such, i'll vouch for that.. It is also less noisier which is a definite plus (for me atleast).. All in all, its money well spent.. But since we are talking about your money here, i'll leave the decision to you..
April 10, 2011 6:22:43 PM

Emperus said:
IMO, the Hyper 212+ is a better cooler and as such, i'll vouch for that.. It is also less noisier which is a definite plus (for me atleast).. All in all, its money well spent.. But since we are talking about your money here, i'll leave the decision to you..

yeah i have to keep it under 450 for now will be getting a new video card also during the summer probably a new hd too but im over now by 10 bucks with the one you told me thats why i wanted to know about the other i listed becuse i dont want to cheap up on my psu this time gettin the 650 watt corsair but do you think that one cm i stated on there will fit my case and let me close my side panel n such? i already know it wont disrupt my airflow because its dual fans
m
l
April 10, 2011 9:56:28 PM

Yeah the 212+ is a very good choice.
m
l
April 11, 2011 10:38:31 AM

The N520 is fine but compared to the Hyper 212+, it'll give you lesser overclocking headroom and assurance.. Its a very wise thought of not cheaping out on the PSU btw.. Afterall, it is the most critical component of the PC..
m
l
April 23, 2011 3:51:16 PM

Best answer selected by ajeden420.
m
l
!