Hosting VGA Planets

I am attempting to setup a Host server for "VGA Planets". All works fine
except
the host needs to upload files to the ftp server. I am currently pointing
the
host to the ftp server module in synchronet. The problem is the the host
wants
to use the MKD command to create a directory on the ftp server for it's
files.
I get an error, "500 Syntax error: MKD main\altsite". In other words, you
can't
create a directory under the main ftp folder.

My directory structure is as follows:

d:\autotroll\ftp\altsite

The root directory structure under the ftp site is:
main\
\vgap

Autotroll wants to creat a directory structure as follows:

main\vgap\altsite

Any help is appreciated.

telnet://clinic.synchro.net
http://clinic.synchro.net
2 answers Last reply
More about hosting planets
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    <wbrown5@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    >I am attempting to setup a Host server for "VGA Planets". All works fine
    >except
    > the host needs to upload files to the ftp server. I am currently pointing
    > the
    > host to the ftp server module in synchronet. The problem is the the host
    > wants
    > to use the MKD command to create a directory on the ftp server for it's
    > files.
    > I get an error, "500 Syntax error: MKD main\altsite". In other words, you
    > can't
    > create a directory under the main ftp folder.
    >
    > My directory structure is as follows:
    >
    > d:\autotroll\ftp\altsite
    >
    > The root directory structure under the ftp site is:
    > main\
    > \vgap
    >
    > Autotroll wants to creat a directory structure as follows:
    >
    > main\vgap\altsite
    >
    > Any help is appreciated.
    >
    > telnet://clinic.synchro.net
    > http://clinic.synchro.net

    You have your root directory set incorrectly in Autotroll.

    --

    Regards,
    Merlyn

    What would be the correct directory path?

    Maverick

    SysOp - The Clinic BBS

    --- Synchronet 3.12a-Win32 NewsLink 1.76
    telnet://clinic.synchro.net http://clinic.synchro.net

FTP VGA Servers Video Games