Hosting VGA Planets

Last response: in Video Games
June 11, 2005 12:34:30 AM

I am attempting to setup a Host server for "VGA Planets". All works fine
except
the host needs to upload files to the ftp server. I am currently pointing
the
host to the ftp server module in synchronet. The problem is the the host
wants
to use the MKD command to create a directory on the ftp server for it's
files.
I get an error, "500 Syntax error: MKD main\altsite". In other words, you
can't
create a directory under the main ftp folder.

My directory structure is as follows:

d:\autotroll\ftp\altsite

The root directory structure under the ftp site is:
main\
\vgap

Autotroll wants to creat a directory structure as follows:

main\vgap\altsite

Any help is appreciated.

telnet://clinic.synchro.net
http://clinic.synchro.net

More about : hosting vga planets

Anonymous
June 11, 2005 12:34:31 AM

<wbrown5@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>I am attempting to setup a Host server for "VGA Planets". All works fine
>except
> the host needs to upload files to the ftp server. I am currently pointing
> the
> host to the ftp server module in synchronet. The problem is the the host
> wants
> to use the MKD command to create a directory on the ftp server for it's
> files.
> I get an error, "500 Syntax error: MKD main\altsite". In other words, you
> can't
> create a directory under the main ftp folder.
>
> My directory structure is as follows:
>
> d:\autotroll\ftp\altsite
>
> The root directory structure under the ftp site is:
> main\
> \vgap
>
> Autotroll wants to creat a directory structure as follows:
>
> main\vgap\altsite
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> telnet://clinic.synchro.net
> http://clinic.synchro.net

You have your root directory set incorrectly in Autotroll.

--

Regards,
Merlyn

What would be the correct directory path?

Maverick

SysOp - The Clinic BBS

--- Synchronet 3.12a-Win32 NewsLink 1.76
telnet://clinic.synchro.net http://clinic.synchro.net
!